Hardware Lost My Charger Can I use Galaxy s8 Cable

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i know it has been asked alot, but lost my charger and cant manage to find it here in my country.
and i know about the bricking situation, ill never use it in dock mode, i sold my dock actually.

i have an anker charger with smart charge or what they call IQ and i charge my iphone on it, and im asking if i didnot find the so called 56k cable here, will the genuine s8 usb c work without any risk

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive wondered the same thing lately, I know I think I have used my S8 charger before, but only like once, and it was fine, I would say the answer is probably. But wait for someone else to answer first.

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i have access in my country to the amazon basic usb c cable.
i guess thats a premium quality, i have one for my iphone which i use and left the original one in the box really.

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
so im forced to get the genuine one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what if i cant find it :( and why all of a sudden in 5.0 this atuff poped up, i thik nintendo f@@d up in 5.0

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so im forced to get the genuine one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what if i cant find it :( and why all of a sudden in 5.0 this atuff poped up, i thik nintendo f@@d up in 5.0
If you can get the joycon charging grip I believe that's the cheapest Nintendo product that provides a Type C cable (just make sure you get a genuine Nintendo one and not a third party version).

Last edited by fadx,

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
if i ordered one of amazon will cost me 60 dollar thats too damm much, because of i ternational shipping and so on. thats why

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
If you're using an official Samsung USB-C cable, you'll be fine. It won't charge as fast as the official Nintendo brick, so you may not be able to play and charge at the same time, but it'll work decently enough for putting the console down for the night and charging it while you sleep.
There are some lists online (I've seen at least one on Reddit) of USB-C power bricks/cables that'll charge the Switch at the same speed as the official brick and allow simultaneous play and charge, and they also note which ones comply with the USB-C standard.
Charging isn't quite as fraught with problems for the Switch as, say, finding a dock, thankfully. Still, be careful.

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i actually ordered the genuine one but all of a sudden amazon uk before shipping decided to impose double its price as import taxes :D

Tumoche

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My phone is a nexus 5x and it has usb c(3A 5V quickcharger) and when im not at home i always charge it with my phone charger and it works perfect. By the way im on 4.1.0

Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i guess its something related to 5.0 any one checked the 5.01 update they pushed a week later if it had the same issues

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't. It can be bad - when charging with anything but the official charger it's not compliant to some important standard and can be bad for the thing you're charging it from and the Switch. Unless that was a dream, hearing about that, since sometimes I have realistic-seeming dreams (but only in the dream).

Reactions: Xandroz

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My phone is a nexus 5x and it has usb c(3A 5V quickcharger) and when im not at home i always charge it with my phone charger and it works perfect. By the way im on 4.1.0
I dont think nintendo can use samsung, google and other phones quick charger technology, it most likely will be stucked at 1.5 A 5V...

Some also say its better to not use USB-A to USB-C charger ports with quickcharge technology.

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
what if my charger has the iq thing from anker which pushes the amp according to the needs.

my friend is comming in a month from germany so i have to charge it with something. im guessing ill have to go with the anker and usb c cable from amazon basics. i dont think its gonna do anything to a 1.0 console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH