Hacking Lost in the Sauce Universal SD loader for games?

Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man with all the changes seems daily around here with regards to Wiiware, semi brick fixes (THANKS!!!!!!!) and other new features I have a problem.

I think about 2 weeks ago we were talking about having a universal Installer and having the ability to keep our wads on SD card and play them from there fixing the spacing issues on most of our Wii consoles.

Did this ever happen? If so what is it called and any pointers would be appreciated.

This was for VC and Wiiware games only a far as I knew... IF it ever happened.

Thanks in Advance...

Azadar

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone make it happen I mean if you can read from the SD card for WADS than we surely should be able to read games from it from a channel!?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not as simple as just read and write. The Wii has a specific place it installs everything to, and it adds them to different areas of the system. Tickets get added to the system and registered. You would have to rewrite the registration files to accept some from the wii's internal memory and some from the sd card. The only hope is being able to do a cfw that strictly reads and writes from an external source. But we are still a ways off from being able to accomplish this. Til then WAD installers don't take too long to add or remove.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup