Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've seen in in some of the favourite games lists in this topic so I'm probably not the only one who loves this game. Together with Ouendan and Phoenix Wright it's one of my Three Secret Best DS Games. However, it doesn't seem to get nearly as much attention as Ouendan and Phoenix. I think it should. It's so far more or less the only adventure game on the DS with a continuous gaming world to freely explore. It's what fascinated me about GTA, Outcast, Pokemon etc. and Lost in Blue has it, too. It's alive!
Lost in Blue also has lots of stuff to explore, lovable characters, sexual equality but also clear role allocation, different endings...
It's also got some small bugs, especially language bugs, and the controlls can be a little bit weird sometimes but it's not really annoying at any point.
IGN and other reviews complain a lot about the repetetive tasks and they aren't really wrong. However, they are important for the atmosphere. You are always in danger and have work to do before you can go on exploring. Some people think the game is insanely difficult. That's not true. However, it plays different from other games. You can't play the brave hero, you have to be careful at all times and watch the values on the top screen.

Get this game. It's awesome.
lecture.gif

TheGreven

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is indeed a great game but walking far distances is very tedious and thats the reason that I never completed the game. I just got tired of walking.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about running?
tongue.gif

i like this game but havent have the time to play through it.
Ouendan is in japanesse if i remember is it still playable?
Of course Ouendan is playable or it wouldn't have such a huge following in the west.
wink.gif
It's a music game with storys that are told through comics so you can really figure out everything without understanding a word of it.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen in in some of the favourite games lists in this topic so I'm probably not the only one who loves this game. Together with Ouendan and Phoenix Wright it's one of my Three Secret Best DS Games. However, it doesn't seem to get nearly as much attention as Ouendan and Phoenix. I think it should. It's so far more or less the only adventure game on the DS with a continuous gaming world to freely explore. It's what fascinated me about GTA, Outcast, Pokemon etc. and Lost in Blue has it, too. It's alive!
Lost in Blue also has lots of stuff to explore, lovable characters, sexual equality but also clear role allocation, different endings...
It's also got some small bugs, especially language bugs, and the controlls can be a little bit weird sometimes but it's not really annoying at any point.
IGN and other reviews complain a lot about the repetetive tasks and they aren't really wrong. However, they are important for the atmosphere. You are always in danger and have work to do before you can go on exploring. Some people think the game is insanely difficult. That's not true. However, it plays different from other games. You can't play the brave hero, you have to be careful at all times and watch the values on the top screen.

Get this game. It's awesome.
lecture.gif

aren't you the guy that painted his ds in a lost in blue theme?

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just started playing this game and it was cool for a bit. It needs a lot. I mean that damn chick cant do one thing on her own. I cant go ten feet without her being thirsty or hungry or w/e. I know there is ways to have her keep the fire going and stuff like that but just keeping her happy is too much work. Awesome concept tho. Just if it wasnt for that girl...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Taking care of her becomes easy once you find the huge can, which lets you store 30 liters of water. Also, collect logs and rocks and two pieces of fur while hunting to build furniture ASAP, and from then on, you'll need to spend one day to fish every two weeks or so.

Also, she's pretty retarded when it comes to not dying when she's alone, so ALWAYS tell her you'll be gone for the longest time before you're out on a trek.

Surviving is part of the game... That's what makes it great!

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips, gonna go try again.. wish my g6 would stop corrupting my savs grrr

Edit: Ya know I'm coming along good. Got the barrel just need more bottles. I read some guides on basic strats to keep the girl happy. It's defently better now. It has this great myst feel to it and i think thats why i like it. i still wish a bear would come out and attack me tho. a little action would put this game on top.

Sherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I should give htis another shot. I got bogged down with the micromanagement aspect of the game and never looked back. The first time I played was resuming a friend's save game in which the boy was starving and practically dead...the music which was playing at the time was incredibly haunting...and coupled with the surrounding areas and notion of being stranded actually bothered me quite a bit!

sandreezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you make your bow and some traps, and start killin some big game, it gets a whole lot easier.upgrade your bed too, so you dont take such a big hit over night. its alot easier when you wake up wiith 100 energy and only like 80% of the other 2

is there a way to leave the chick with food to eat when she gets hungry? is that what the shelf is for? something like the water can to keep her hydrated, is there something that keeps her fed?

meowo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
i love the gb 1st version, fun game which i played multiple times just to get the different endings. but too bad there isn't any nds emulator that allow my pc to run the game
frown.gif
i shall wait
tongue.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
once you make your bow and some traps, and start killin some big game, it gets a whole lot easier.upgrade your bed too, so you dont take such a big hit over night. its alot easier when you wake up wiith 100 energy and only like 80% of the other 2

is there a way to leave the chick with food to eat when she gets hungry? is that what the shelf is for? something like the water can to keep her hydrated, is there something that keeps her fed?
Yes, put things in the shelf and she should be able to use them. You can also give her too much stuff for cooking, then she will have some left that she can use later.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah lost in blue is a great game. When i first read it was coming to the ds i knew i'd buy one. I got a little disapointed by some parts tho if i compare it to survival kids (the first one in the series). I hate the fact that the game has to tell you what you can build or not, in the original you could just thinker and mess around with your items to try and build something, sometimes resulting in useless stuff like a whip (this ain't no castlevania here
smile.gif
)

i got out of the game right after that tedious part where you had to move blocks and raise water level in a temple to create a bridge, after finishing that i got tired of the game... i've been wanting to get back into it lately and now that i read you posts i think i will sooner then later

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup this is a great game but im stuck!!!!
im on my 3rd day and only have some small food so im always dying
the girl is usefull now since she cant cook nutritive stuff and i only catch coconuts sea weed and mushrooms, and drink water, make a fire and im always(and the girl also) thirsty, ungry, and tired so i think that this game could be a lot more (friendly -easier )
im going to read some walkthroughs to try to not abadon this game but (i dont like to play using walkthroughs ) so any small advice i apreciate
bow.gif

notchristopher

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup this is a great game but im stuck!!!!
im on my 3rd day and only have some small food so im always dying
the girl is usefull now since she cant cook nutritive stuff and i only catch coconuts sea weed and mushrooms, and drink water, make a fire and im always(and the girl also) thirsty, ungry, and tired so i think that this game could be a lot more (friendly -easier )
im going to read some walkthroughs to try to not abadon this game but (i dont like to play using walkthroughs ) so any small advice i apreciateÂ
bow.gif

You need to explore and find a Wood stick then you can fish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.