Gaming Lost Games, Flashcart, Legal

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,923
  • Replies 22
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I recently lost 20 games that I "legally" purchased". I emaIled Nintendo asking whether it was legal to store the games I lost on a flashcart. The guy said no. I thout that was insane because I PURCHASED those games and shouldn't have to repurchase them. Surely by law you're able to store backups of games unlike what the Nintendo Customer Service guy said.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wackycraze45 said:
I recently lost 20 games that I "legally" purchased". I emaIled Nintendo asking whether it was legal to store the games I lost on a flashcart. The guy said no. I thout that was insane because I PURCHASED those games and shouldn't have to repurchase them. Surely by law you're able to store backups of games unlike what the Nintendo Customer Service guy said.
lol? u asked him? seriously? u might as well never of asked him then just downlaoded the games since u knew it was ur right, no one would found out anyways.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even email Ninty?Just do it anyways.
smile.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wackycraze45 said:

9qxsk7vmeslqo0nzrwwg.jpg

picture says a thousand words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was silly think Ninty would in any way condone the use of a flashcart. They are a business and, by nature, are a bunch of greedy bastards who ONLY care about your money, not you.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
about how legal it is...
it depends on the rules in your country and when you obtained the "backups"
in some countries(maybe all) it is legal to keep/make backup copies of software you currently own, in case you lose it or the storage medium is destroyed.
in which case it's legal IF you obtained the roms before losing the originals.

otherwise it depends on the rom downloading/flashcart using laws in your country.

but asking a legit company if it's legal is stupid.
they say any form of downloading/using copies is illegal regardless of local laws.(they'd even say downloading any mp3 file through torrent would be illegal)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black-and-white answer is this:

If you copied the games onto a flashcard FROM THE ACTUAL HARDCOPY you owned, that is perfectly legal in the U.S. However -- regardless of semantics -- you cannot LEGALLY download them from the Internet to put onto your card, regardless of whether you already purchased them.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
malapo said:
why would you buy them if you already have a flash cart?

some people believe in supporting the companies that produce good games, rather than just being a douche about

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
What in the WORLD made you think that Nintendo was going to say yes to that? Hell if it WAS legal (like if there was no NET act) they would probably lie and say no anyway lol.

Also, the #1 rule of the Internet: if you really have to ask, it's warez.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet 20 bucks nintendo is gonna backtrack that email to your house, send the N-Ninja's to your house, and then you will be beat down with various woodland critters.

I mean seriously, emailing nintendo? I pirate games and dont feel bad about it (I mean hell, i gave game companies 10+ years of my income, i deserve to get something back, and atleast i still buy console games)

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malapo said:
why would you buy them if you already have a flash cart?

i have atleast 30 games and others have 4gb+ and you dont see us rattling chains in prison

The same reason why you would want some one to buy them if you were the one who spent years designing and programming a game so you could afford to pay the bills.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. You may not be rattling chains in a prison but that isn't how karma works. If a game is great, we should show support for it whether we could get it for free or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.