Hacking Lost FF6 save games with M3 Perfect Lite?

Shadow-Zero

OP
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have no idea why, but I seem to have lost my Final Fantasy 6 (GBA) save games on my M3 Perfect Lite. I checked on Final Fantasy III for the NDS, but that one was still ok (phew).
What are possible explenations for this phenonoma?
I'm not sure if it is linked, but I did update the M3 Perfect Lite and also did an update on the M3 Simply folders (but that's just swapping directories).

Hope someone can help me clarify this X-File!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
This same thing happened to me with the same game (check FF6 GBA RLS topic) and I still have no idea why. I was just after the dinner with (forgot name, kefka?) around 10hrs or so. Someone uploaded their save file for me around the same time, which is in the same thread if thats any help.
I copy pasted the ROM the first time but the next time I used the M3 software to write the game and it didn't happen again.

Shadow-Zero

OP
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have a link of that other topic?
I used the M3 Game Manager to put the rom on my sd-card, so that shouldn't be/cause any issue. It's just so weird.

My game kept hanging at the Opera where Celes was supposed to throw the flowers. Didn't you have that problem?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I can't link you directly I'm afraid as I'm using a proxy. It will be in the GBA numbered release topic. I just found it but all I have is: /index.php?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgbatemp.net%2Findex.php%3Fshowtopic%3D44011%26amp%3Bst%3D90 lol
Also I think I may have recieved the save file via PM, I'll check now. There was also a seperate topic with a save in it from Tanas, or Tanas converted it.
Will Edit this when I find it.
My game didn't crash at the part with the flowers, it would randomly freeze at other parts though. A guy in that thread also has the freeze issue at the flower part, but on a G6 Lite.

[-EDIT-]

This is the one I got via PM:
miniCooperS Final Fantasy 6 Advance, Feb 21 2007, 07:45 AM
Sorry it took me a while. I was at a friends house working on school stuff until late.

Here's the save file:

http://www.et.byu.edu/~khead/FinalFantasy6Advance.zip

Like I said, its right after the Vector banquet. I got all the rewards from that event, too. I kept everybody named the default names, and haven't done too much leveling or magic learning, but I've at least started. Anyway, good luck getting it working.

Funny thing he said good luck, as I could not get it to load on my card. Still lookin for the other one for ya.

Shadow-Zero

OP
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
I made a backup of my save game, but no idea where that was.
There is no way of retrieving lost save games?
In that case I'll try to copy and overwrite it and see if I get something back at least...

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
As far as I know there is no way to retrieve lost save games.
I just did a search for 'fantasy' and searched the first 10 pages and still could not find the topic I made requesting an FF6 save. After thinking about it may be the same save as I just posted, only converted.
Hope you get it working, sux to start over in an RPG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)