• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    874.7 KB · Views: 1,216

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're gonna have to reinject the FBI app (use Godmode9, I think), and this time make sure you install FBI from a separate .cia. After that, reinject the Safety and Health Information app back in its place. That way, next time you update your firmware you won't lose your FBI.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is Rosalina menu accessable in the fixed boot.firm just inject the hb menu forwarder and use the 3dsx version no need to inject fbi

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1)first get fincs hb menu https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu
2)put the boot.3dsx in root make a 3ds---> FBI folder (/3ds/FBI (I'm using mac but you get the idea)
3)download fbi stick the 3dsx into the 3ds/FBI folder
4)now on your 3ds go into the H+S app
hold L+Select+down to enter rosalina menu go to misc and "Inject hb menu into current app push A then B once the hb forwarder in injected

IMPORTANT save your settings otherwise you need to repeat the previuos step.
5)exit rosalina and close out of H+S app
6)re enter h+s and profit Homebrew menu will appear

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: emuashui and fmhugo

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After many test. I find out
11.8 will restore H&S

Its affects New 3DS/Nintendo 2DS.
Doesnt affect New 2DS XL.

Why? Dont know.
What can we do now?? I'm so scared I'm not even brave enough to open any games

is Rosalina menu accessable in the fixed boot.firm just inject the hb menu forwarder and use the 3dsx version no need to inject fbi

1)first get fincs hb menu https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu
2)put the boot.3dsx in root make a 3ds---> FBI folder (/3ds/FBI (I'm using mac but you get the idea)
3)download fbi stick the 3dsx into the 3ds/FBI folder
4)now on your 3ds go into the H+S app
hold L+Select+down to enter rosalina menu go to misc and "Inject hb menu into current app push A then B once the hb forwarder in injected

IMPORTANT save your settings otherwise you need to repeat the previuos step.
5)exit rosalina and close out of H+S app
6)re enter h+s and profit Homebrew menu will appear
Rosalina menu is accessible but when I try to install FBI using .3dsx in the Homebrew Launcher, it freezes

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well not on my N3DS XL it hasn't, FBI still works fine.
It would only effect people who injected FBI into their H&S
Its affects New 3DS/Nintendo 2DS.
Doesnt affect New 2DS XL.

Why? Dont know.
Now that I think about it, the N2DSXL was released after injecting FBI was obsoleted. It's not that it doesn't effect the N2DS, it's that there's nobody that owns an N2DS with FBI injected into it

Reactions: R4ismychildhood

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm using the latest FBI, but it still freezes T^T
So apparently there's a script usable in GodMode9 that can inject FBI into H&S and that's probably the easiest way out of this mess
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases <- if you have a setup like 3ds.guide sets you up for, then put the latest GodMode9.firm in /luma/payloads and drag the gm9 folder to your SD root (overwrite any common files in both cases).
I'm assuming you already have an FBI.cia on your SD somewhere, but if you don't then here's the releases page
Then launch GodMode9 (Hold Start on boot).
Hit home, open scripts, then run GM9Megascript. Then just select FBI to H&S Options, Inject FBI to H&S, then navigate to your FBI.cia if it doesn't automatically find it and you should be good to go

EDIT; From there you'll probably want to install FBI to your home menu, unless you want to do the above again

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: R4ismychildhood

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why recommend installing homebrew cias? If one is wishing to avoid a possible ban, installing hb cias is not highly looked upon.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why recommend installing homebrew cias? If one is wishing to avoid a possible ban, installing hb cias is not highly looked upon.
I mean, OP has freeShop installed, and no banwave has targetted those with homebrew .cias yet, even if they've been around since the good old days of menuhax+rxTools

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, OP has freeShop installed, and no banwave has targetted those with homebrew .cias yet, even if they've been around since the good old days of menuhax+rxTools

I thought it was the contrary, with homebrew cias being one of the suspected main culprets. To be on the safe(er) side, is it not recommended to use 3dsx for everything, including freeShop, as that data is sent to Nintendo? Shrug.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was the contrary, with homebrew cias being one of the suspected main culprets. Shrug.
Yeah, I don't expect them doing a banwave on Homebrew .cias since actual devs could just be testing early builds of their projects. If they were to do a banwave on a homebrew .cia, they'd have to explicitly be targetting a TID to avoid banning actual devs testing online functionality

Reactions: emuashui

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't expect them doing a banwave on Homebrew .cias since actual devs could just be testing early builds of their projects. If they were to do a banwave on a homebrew .cia, they'd have to explicitly be targetting a TID to avoid banning actual devs testing online functionality

I edited my post while you were replying. Anyway... the Rosalina HBL method was created for a reason I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty certain N knows the difference between a legit dev TID vs "illegitimate" homebrew TIDs. :)

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited my post while you were replying. Anyway... the Rosalina HBL method was created for a reason I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty certain N knows the difference between a legit dev TID vs "illegitimate" homebrew TIDs. :)
Can't they make it whatever they feel like?
I remember hearing something about a Homebrew unintentionally sharing a TID with Persona Q, I can dig it up if you want
EDIT; How would they know before a title is published anyway :?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more