Hacking Lost FBI After Updating to Ver. 11.8.0-41U Today

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't they make it whatever they feel like?
I remember hearing something about a Homebrew unintentionally sharing a TID with Persona Q, I can dig it up if you want
EDIT; How would they know before a title is published anyway :?

I don't have the answers. ;) As I said, "homebrew cias being one of the suspected main culprets". I thought was common knowledge, that suspicion. I mean.. why not be safer than sorry if the option is there?

Reactions: Ricken

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the answers. ;) As I said, "homebrew cias being one of the suspected main culprets". I thought was common knowledge, that suspicion. I mean.. why not be safer than sorry if the option is there?
It is common, I'm just applying my possibly flawed logic to it :P
Yeah, being safer is also an option. It takes more work to keep working well, but it works out

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
folder...
So apparently there's a script usable in GodMode9 that can inject FBI into H&S and that's probably the easiest way out of this mess
https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases <- if you have a setup like 3ds.guide sets you up for, then put the latest GodMode9.firm in /luma/payloads and drag the gm9 folder to your SD root (overwrite any common files in both cases).
I'm assuming you already have an FBI.cia on your SD somewhere, but if you don't then here's the releases page
Then launch GodMode9 (Hold Start on boot).
Hit home, open scripts, then run GM9Megascript. Then just select FBI to H&S Options, Inject FBI to H&S, then navigate to your FBI.cia if it doesn't automatically find it and you should be good to go

EDIT; From there you'll probably want to install FBI to your home menu, unless you want to do the above again
Downloaded the script and FBI CIA, yet I don't have the /luma/payloads folder...

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright I followed the stuff in this thread so my sd card should be fine but a s far as exacuting things once im in godmod9 is there a step by step guide

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll learn a lot of neat tips and tricks at 3ds.hacks.guide if you go over it.
thanks i'll look at it but I don't know what anything means. The only reason I was able to hack my 3ds with luma in the first place was a youtube guy who step by step and showed in a video how to do it with all the links in the description

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i'll look at it but I don't know what anything means. The only reason I was able to hack my 3ds with luma in the first place was a youtube guy who step by step and showed in a video how to do it with all the links in the description

There's a GM9Megascript.gm9 file that automates and makes it a little easier injecting FBI into Health & Safety. GodMode9 v1.7.1 comes prepackaged with it the gm9/scripts folder.

Instructions and features front page:

Scripting functionality
  • Run .gm9 scripts from anywhere on your SD card: You can run scripts in .gm9 format via the A button menu. .gm9 scripts use a shell-like language and can be edited in any text editor. For an overview of usable commands have a look into the sample scripts included in the release archive. Don't run scripts from untrusted sources.
  • Run .gm9 scripts via a neat menu: Press the HOME button, select More... -> Scripts.... Any script you put into 0:/gm9/scripts (subdirs included) will be found here. Scripts ran via this method won't have the confirmation at the beginning either.

Release version listing:

You have other ways of acquiring FBI.

Homebrew Launcher:

Use Hombrew Launcher FBI to install the FBI.cia file onto HOME Menu.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started looking at this. I went to play a random game while in the bathroom and I thought cia installed games were still funtional but so far I'm getting errors on a bunch of games. I read it was ok update as long as you got rid of the free shop and now I nothing but problems is there a way to go back to 11.7?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just started looking at this. I went to play a random game while in the bathroom and I thought cia installed games were still funtional but so far I'm getting errors on a bunch of games. I read it was ok update as long as you got rid of the free shop and now I nothing but problems is there a way to go back to 11.7?
freeshop dont matter if ya got rid of it or not. ppl are too damned paranoid over that. going back to 11.7 wont likely change anything.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm testing game by game but at least 5 cia installed games either error right out or once you hit start error out

rorschach86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I upgraded to 11.8 today and now anytime i try and install a CIA with FBI I get error: Failed to install CIA file. Result code.: 0xD8E0806A. I can't seem to get it to work at all. Any help would be appreciated.

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't say the game name can I? A few of them upon loading just say error resarting system
this one I just tried i wen to new game put in a name and hit start it went to black screens
most of them is fatal error pid 0x0004000_0019CD00
rev 61702
adr 0x00040000_0019CD00
adr 0c00040000_0019CD00
rsl 0xD900107E98
error message restart the start More visit suppot nintendo ......

flashmanx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it seems my second card is the one where all the games are screwed except certain ones made by said company still work. I bet if I could figure out how to reinstall fbi which I'll try now then I bet I can just reinstall said titles hopefully

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it seems my second card is the one where all the games are screwed except certain ones made by said company still work. I bet if I could figure out how to reinstall fbi which I'll try now then I bet I can just reinstall said titles hopefully

Reinstalling CIA games will overwrite and delete your game saves. If you don't have your saves backed up with Checkpoint or JKSM, you're going to have to recover the saves another way.

You should check if your SD card is fake or going bad because data corruption out of the blue shouldn't be happening.
  1. Copy everything off said card onto computer.
  2. Reformat as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size. Use guiformat if it's bigger than 32 GB.
  3. While empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw.
  4. If the card passes, delete the test files and copy everything back on it.

Reactions: NFates
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm losing my mind I tried luma update and the godmode9 something and I'm so so lost I just want to get fbi back I stumbled on this https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
should I do that?

You only use that if your Luma3DS is v7.0.5 or older. You can check by holding (Select) when turning on the 3DS and boot into Luma3DS configuration, it'll state what version it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: