Hacking Losing sleep a few questions

uimy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the homebrew channel, bootmii, cIOS rev14 and cIOSCORP (which I plan on removing in the future via DOP-IOS didn't do a bootmii backup :/) I'm using firmware version 3.3 on my Wii, do I need to patch my ISOs before playing so they don't attempt a update or am I good to go? Also do I need to update to 4.1 for newer games? and since I didn't do the bootmii backup is it still worth doing on a tainted system?

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to use Wanininko's 4.1 updater to upgrade, you can get all the nice new features. Then, I think the best thing to install is preloader (0.30 is out) and use the "Block Updates" hack. Upgrading to 4.1 should even remove CIOSCorp for you. Now, just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt to do an initial BootMii NAND backup in case the update goes south, and then do a new backup after everything is fine.

You don't have to patch ISO's or anything if you use preloader. And it's not that you couldn't do it with your SM 3.3, but if you have a USB hard drive lying around, you can start using the USB loaders to give your DVD drive a break and make it easier to load all the games.

uimy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so that will for sure remove CIOSCorp and is there a alternative loader I can use? Also will I have to reinstall cIOS38-rev14?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
uimy said:
Alright so that will for sure remove CIOSCorp and is there a alternative loader I can use? Also will I have to reinstall cIOS38-rev14?

Best thing to use would be Det1re´s Uncorp to get rid of cIOSCORP.

uimy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to do a system update to 4.1 though correct? would I then need to reinstall cIOSCORP?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Update using Waninkokos Firmware updater and then install HBC and bootmii and dvdx. Then install cIOSCORP.

If your HBC comes upside down by chance after installing cIOSCORP just use DOP IOS on IOS 30 and you´re be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free