Hacking Lords of Thunder <- The first TurboGrafx CD officialy released!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I never had a turbo grafx cd, are there any games worth playing? :unsure:
Hell yes have you never heard of Castlevania Rondo Of Blood. Its bloody only one of the greatest games of all time lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like it was released a week ago but I'm still shocked there even shoving out vc titles atm still
Maybe they are experimenting with wii u VC to better prepare for Switch VC. Or maybe people are actually buying them still. Honestly I would just hire M2 to do all VC ports, don't even ask hamster corp to do them. All i see are neo geo games every week on switch eshop, couldn't even make online multiplayer, and i bet they don't even have local wireless multiplayer. Least M2 has done better emulation of neo geo on PS3, and eve sega games on 3DS, AND the GBA games on wii u offer some things that could have just been a simple rom copy but least did more like inject extra levels in Super mario advance 4 or have the secret chips accessible in Mega man battle network. :unsure:

So far I heard that A team called NERD (nintendo Europe Research & development) Were dedicated to doing the Emulators for virtual console so who knows what could happen. I just wonder if there any games worth playing on that system. I never owned one and the only games i know was the one by hudson, Bomberman, Adventure island, and those wonderboy clones, and castlevania rondo of blood which I played on the PSP from the dracula x chronicles game, and people mention a lot of bonk. So other than that doesn't seem like a lot that I think would be recommended. :ninja:

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is quite curious that Wii U is getting quite alot of Virtual Console games specially after hearing from some sourses what Nintendo have planned for the Switch virtual console and ohh boy i know people will hate it.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hell yes have you never heard of Castlevania Rondo Of Blood. Its bloody only one of the greatest games of all time lol.
These younglings missed all the best games
The definitive version of that game is on PSP, btw :P

Just like how the definitive version of Quest for Glory 2 was released in 2008 and finalised in 2011. For an old DOS game that was originally in CGA. And it fully works with save imports from 1 and to 3. (don't you contradict me on this, the fan remake has a far better combat system, options for both point-and-click and text parsers, an optional alternate city layout, and
the Pizza Elemental superboss)

So I'd say that the "younguns" can enjoy the classics even better than when they were new :P
You just have to know where to look. Old games are just as fun as new ones. (and contrary to popular nostalgic belief, not better. Or harder, really. Different games are just easier or harder, fairer or cheaper.)

But to stay on topic, it just goes to show that if things were just slightly different, the good old Wii U might have a lot more official capability than it does.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The definitive version of that game is on PSP, btw :P

Just like how the definitive version of Quest for Glory 2 was released in 2008 and finalised in 2011. For an old DOS game that was originally in CGA. And it fully works with save imports from 1 and to 3. (don't you contradict me on this, the fan remake has a far better combat system, options for both point-and-click and text parsers, an optional alternate city layout, and
the Pizza Elemental superboss)

So I'd say that the "younguns" can enjoy the classics even better than when they were new :P
You just have to know where to look. Old games are just as fun as new ones. (and contrary to popular nostalgic belief, not better. Or harder, really. Different games are just easier or harder, fairer or cheaper.)

But to stay on topic, it just goes to show that if things were just slightly different, the good old Wii U might have a lot more official capability than it does.
So we were talking about turbo graphx cd games and how to play them on wiiu why did you feel the need to turn it into a discussion about the definitive version of games?? And i could not disagree more with you if i tried the psp version only has one thing going for it and thats the hidden version of the original game. The remakes 2.5 graphics are hideous and the game has lost all its charm that was in the original. Yes it was pretty cool that they also included a hidden version of symphony of night but even that is not as good as the original playstation 1 version.But hey each to their own.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
xs4all said:
You'll be happy to know, I was able to inject "Castlevania - Rondo of Blood" into Lords of Thunder :)

The ogg audio files is not working yet, but the in game sound works, so I'm in the process of trying to work the ogg audio part out.

I had a look at the Wii version of this game and look at the ogg audio encode info, I compared it to Lords of Thunder's ogg files and can see the WiiU version have a different encode.
Wii version = 48,000 Hz at 64 kb/s
WiiU version = 32,000 Hz at 56 kb/s

I suspect the encode info above is across the board not just per game.

I'll give this audio a crack again tomorrow.
tears-of-joy-gif-1.gif

Reactions: kid sampson

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best version of the game is the Turbo CD version with Konami's later English dub made for the PSP patched back in, as seen on romhacking.net
Purest version of the game but with all relevant stuff ported to English
And that's the version I'll be playing on my Wii U after these guys figure it out. Best of luck!
Also, making the dub for SotN all serious like on PSP removes like half the fun. Part of the reason that game is so memorable is the large ham everybody is chewing on with their performances.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of RPG´s for the System. Most of them are japanese only.
Yeah I think I found a few games worth trying like Snatcher, the valis series, and some fighting games. I think if they don't put them on eshop, I'll wait for injections and try. Though is for curious reasons since I seem to miss out on this. Must not have been as good as others. :unsure:

D

Deleted User

Yeah I think I found a few games worth trying like Snatcher, the valis series, and some fighting games. I think if they don't put them on eshop, I'll wait for injections and try. Though is for curious reasons since I seem to miss out on this. Must not have been as good as others. :unsure:
You can play them on TemperPCE for the 3DS if you want to play them on a Nintendo System on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1