Lord of the rings: Counquest Box Art

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by imz, Oct 30, 2008.

1. imz
    OP

imz GBAtemp's vigilante

Nov 6, 2007
    Gotham city
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

looks awesome!

2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Yeah, looks very nice!
    But I would like to see some footage of this game, we haven't seen anything else then this...

3. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2007
    Croatia
    Depths of Nuclear powerplant
    I'm expecting this game to be good....but I'm not sure if it'll be..

I enjoyed Two Towers in GBA (although it isn't that good game)..

4. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Well, it's EA on a Nintendo platform, so I'm expecting "okay" at best. They usually don't put crap on the system, but they also never seem to reach for greatness (again, speaking strictly of their work on Nintendo systems).

5. Flawsdraw

Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2008
    England, Kent
    Hoping for it to be good, loved playing LOTR: Return of the King and LOTR: The Third Age on the PS2

6. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    Sometimes, the best boxart covers the worst game.. [​IMG]

I'll just hope this one is not some crappy imitation of Age of Empires DS, since it bears the title "CONQUEST", similar to Age of Empires II: The CONQUERor

7. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    I guarantee it'll be rubbish. I don't expect EA to change the design radically from the game on the other consoles, and have you ever tried stuffing a large-scale battlefield game onto a DS cart and with rubbish graphics and AI?

8. imz
    OP

imz GBAtemp's vigilante

Nov 6, 2007
    Gotham city
    who says it'll be a large scale battlefield game? Ever played LOTR: Third age on GBA, that game simulated large battles but instead it was a turn-based strategy in which you could control a fairly large amount of characters, and the thing about that game is: It worked really well! I remember completing the good campaign and then playing the game over again in evil campaign because I just couldn't get enough of it (although part of that may have been fueled by my love for LOTR, didn't change the fact that it was still a very fun game) if they keep the same engine as third age but add new campaigns I think the game will succeed, and I will certainly be pleased with it

9. Dwight

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    This game has potential, but I doubt that they will put the time and effort into this game that it needs.

10. sa1amandra

sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Aug 27, 2007
    Canada
    Screenies anyone?

11. imz
    OP

imz GBAtemp's vigilante

Nov 6, 2007
    Gotham city
    nope, it's far too early for that, the game is scheduled for release in February next year. We probably won't get much information up until that time as it is a DS game, it's best to forget about it for now and anticipate games coming out within the following two months.

12. sadak5

sadak5 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2007
    Mexico
    Mexico City
    As far as the Official site is rumored, this game will be a Beat'em up (with an sword or arrows), like Return of the King, but in the site there are only images of the PC Version ( but the DS logo is in the page too). Also, it appears the DS version is coming before the PC one