imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I was browsing around IGN looking out for news of coming releases and I happened to come across an interview with Eric"Giz" Gewirtz, the director behind the upcoming game 'Lord of the Rings: Conquest' the game is being developed by the company 'Pandemic Studios' the same company which made star wars battlefront 1 and 2. The game pits players on battlefields from both the films and books, and some are created by the developers, but unlike most battlefield games its not an RTS it has a combat system very similar to that of the star wars battlefront games and as I read the interview it really seemed like a huge project. But what happened to catch my eye was on the right hand side of the screen where it had game details it said 'Also Available On: PlayStation 3, PC, Nintendo DS' that's right, nintendo DS! At first I thought this was a mistake but then I searched the title on both IGN and gamespot and each website listed the same four platforms for the game: XBOX 360, PS3, PC and Nintendo DS. I doubt that both sites could make the same mistake, so if this is true, then w0000000t!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time

gamespot Lord of the Rings: Conquest DS page:
http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/action/lordofthe...=result;title;3

IGN Lord of the Rings: Conquest DS page:
http://uk.ds.ign.com/objects/142/14252978.html

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes but I'm a huge LOTR fan,and have been so for the past few years now, I've been waiting for even an announcement like this, and how can you not expect much from it when they haven't released any info on it yet? We don't even now the genre yet, I mean we do for the console versions but of course the DS game will be completely separate, they can't just scale down a huge console game onto the DS, it just wouldn't be able to handle it.

DarkUli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
'Pandemic Studios' the same company which made star wars battlefront 1 and 2.

Smells like win, but maybe this would be better on the PC, rather on such a small screen like a DS.

I'm predicting if it's two opposing fronts, bad guys go on the upper screen and good guys go below, then welcome some turn-based action.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty awesome, if only to finally have a LotR game on the DS. I'm surprised it's taken this long to put a LotR game on the system, considering the popularity of both LotR and the DS. Plus, being developed by Pandemic is a nice plus (if it actually ends up being developed by them). Since it's being published by EA, however, I will gladly play this game for free while I laugh with glee at how I didn't give any more money to that company. My hatred for EA grows with each day, and any opportunity I can get to exploit their wares, I will gladly take it with spite in my heart.
grog.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it was announced in March or sometime.

Never got into LOTR the book or film but I'm hoping good things from this as the DS could do with more of these, especially if Pandemic are the ones handling the DS version, I know there is nothing official about who is developing it.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have high hopes, since this is coming from the battlefront team. but waht I can expect is them to try and do the graphics like what nintendo is doing for Fire emblem DS.

I am a huge LOTR fanatic, I hope they include stuff from the silmarillion. i wanna play as melkor and isildur

ten bucks i'll own y'all asses with the dwarves.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
I have high hopes, since this is coming from the battlefront team. but waht I can expect is them to try and do the graphics like what nintendo is doing for Fire emblem DS.

I am a huge LOTR fanatic, I hope they include stuff from the silmarillion

ten bucks i'll own y'all asses with the dwarves.

Well, that's the only thing I'm not so sure about. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, and Pandemic has made some good games, but I find it hard to believe that they will be the ones working on the DS version. But who knows. Supposedly, Maxis (also an EA developer) is working on all versions of Spore, including the DS version, so it's possible. I'll be waiting to hear for sure, though. Of course, that's no guarantee the DS version will be great, even if it's made by Pandemic. They've made some duds in the past, as well, not to mention the fact that EA is god-damned cheap when it comes to the resources they dole out for games made on Nintendo platforms.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xblackoutx said:
who cared about the ds version! the 360 screens look sweet!

Well, this is a thread about the DS version, I believe, and it is in the NDS - Games forum, so I'm guessing at least a few of us "cared about the ds version!"
wink2.gif

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pimpmynintendo said:
no i meant under the gamespot link you posted all the gameplay pics were from lotro

well there doesn't seem to be any screen shots in the link I posted, but then again mine is directly linked to the UK site, maybe the US site has some slight variations

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imz said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
no i meant under the gamespot link you posted all the gameplay pics were from lotro

well there doesn't seem to be any screen shots in the link I posted, but then again mine is directly linked to the UK site, maybe the US site has some slight variations

click on your UK gamespot link and click on images

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
irpacynot said:
xblackoutx said:
who cared about the ds version! the 360 screens look sweet!

Well, this is a thread about the DS version, I believe, and it is in the NDS - Games forum, so I'm guessing at least a few of us "cared about the ds version!"
wink2.gif

haha there was a typo there obviously

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pimpmynintendo said:
imz said:
Pimpmynintendo said:

click on your UK gamespot link and click on images

oh I see, I don't normally use that tab as when the screen shots are released they are posted on the main page of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality