FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I was watching some reruns of these the other day when i wondered which people prefer more
tongue.gif
. Even now when i'm 15, i really love watching Tom & Jerry/Looney Tunes. I could never really appreciate the work put into it as a kid, but now it's just amazing how well each are animated, along with the sound effects etc. For those of you who don't know, each cartoon took like 2 months to make, a 5 minute animation. And that's actually a bit short, i mean, EVERY SINGLE FRAME was hand drawn, and the whole thing was moving at say, 25 Frames per second. 7200 frames were hand drawn and fully painted for a mere 5 minute cartoon. That kind of work has to really be appreciated.

Anyways, Bugs Bunny on piano:

...And Tom & Jerry on piano (won an oscar):

There was an episode of Looney tunes called 'A feather in his hare' (sadly it has not been uploaded to youtube), about bugs bunny and the supposed 'last mohican'. One part, he takes a chunk of mud/clay, molds a vase, puts it in the oven, and paints it, just in time for the mohican to come so he can drop it on him. That part is priceless.

Here's another T & J episode. The part where tom annoys spike is hilarious:

MY opinion: Tom & Jerry>Looney Tunes

Edit: I'm only talking about the classic T & J episodes, and the Merry Melodies in Looney Tunes. It would be a bit unfair to put 3 different concepts vs. Tom & Jerry. (Bugs bunny/Daffy Duck with Elmer Fudd/Porky Pig (similar in their jokes), Sylvester and Tweety (also different concept), and the Roadrunner cartoons, which are basically a genre on its own.)

So just to be fair, i'm only talking about the Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck ones (Merry Melodies)

Edit 2: Fixed Video links

Reactions: 1 person

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to use

Code:
[youtube]embedded video source link here[/youtube]

EDIT: But it doesn't seem to be working right now for some reason.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think both are awesome. But I kinda hated the later Tom and Jerry cartoons. Especially the ones where it was outsourced to eastern europe but any of the early ones can still be watched today and I'll still enjoy it. Just not something I'd admitin real life.

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
You have to use

Code:
[youtube]embedded video source link here[/youtube]

EDIT: But it doesn't seem to be working right now for some reason.

Thanks

I like both, but I'd have to give the edge to Looney Toons.

Tbo Looney Tunes is more...adult in it's jokes, and is enjoyed more by adults, especially the daffy duck episodes. Most kids won't understand them. The great thing about Tom and Jerry is the lack of speech, so anyone and everyone can understand it.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I was just an idiot. Seems you only have to put the video code in and not the entire www.youtube.com/ stuff. So for my Rabbit of Seville video, it would be:

Code:
[youtube]STlXBJJaDIE[/youtube]

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Ooo tricky... Looney Tunes had Sylvester and the Coyote... and Tom and Jerry got really, really shit recently but the older ones were brilliant...

Oh stuff it, I like both
smile.gif

FrEEz902

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Oh by the way, i'm ONLY talking about the old hanna-barberra episodes of Tom & Jerry, from 1942-1957 or something like that. The newer ones suck terribly, however the ones directed by Chuck Jones were okay... Still, the Fred Quimby/Hanna Barbera ones were really good

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sesame Street.
tongue.gif
But seriously, apparently Sesame Street is rated R in some places. Don't know why, but I've been told so.

And I like Looney Tunes better, even though people say that that's why violence is deemed 'okay' by some people.

And for Tom and Jerry, I think it shows too much rivalry, and even like bullying. Don't hurt me if you are a T and J fan. /me hides like a little scaredy catz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.