Hardware Looks like the Switch's networking is capped at 50mb/s, both wired and wireless.

Have you broken 50mb/s on your Switch console?

• Yes, it was easy.

• Yes, but just barely.

• No, but almost.

• No, not even close.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've done extensive speedtests over and over, using both my LAN adapter from my Wii U (Which works, save your $29.99) using a 3 foot Ethernet cable, as well as the 5.0GHz Wi-Fi from two feet away, line-of-sight. I could never break 50 mb/s. If any of you do, would you mind sharing how? I pay $90/mo for 230mb/s with a Gigabit router, so that isn't an issue.

I'd like to hear from you in the polls.

Last edited by Jayro,

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've done extensive speedtests over and over, using both my LAN adapter from my Wii U (Which works, save your $29.99) using a 3 foot Ethernet cable, as well as the 5.0GHz Wi-Fi from two feet away, line-of-site. I could never break 50 mb/s. If any of you do, would you mind sharing how? I pay $90/mo for 230mb/s with a Gigabit router, so that isn't an issue.

I'd like to hear from you in the polls.
90$ fpr 230 ? :O damn son thats expensive :/, 60 for 800 here in france :x.
Anyway, i don't understand nintendo and there ALL TIME CAPED NETWORK... 3DS, N3DS, WiiU, common ! And now the switch at a ridiculous 50mbs... and they've no excuses like "eShop is capped so" no because i get 230mbs on Jnus Tool...

M-Gardevoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got around 500Mbyts/s which allow me to download theoretically at 60Mo/s and the Switch dosen't use more than 20mo/s.

Plus sorry but year , your country is ridiculously expensive on prices. Like the guy from France, i pay only 40€ per month.

Last edited by M-Gardevoir,
Reactions: Skelletonike

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
You need buy Nintendo network premium to unlock extreme speed capabilities

In all seriousness, I really wonder why they put theese limits, maybe it's a measure so they can have shitty cheap e shop servers, and the limit saves them trouble

Reactions: Deboog and Ricken

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got around 500Mbyts/s which allow me to download theoretically at 60Mo/s and the Switch dosen't use more than 20mb/s.

Plus sorry but year , your country is ridiculously expensive on prices. Like the guy from France, i pay only 40€ per month.
500MB/s give around 60Mb/s yeah, but if the switch give you 20mb/s, then it make it give around 150-200MB/s, carefull with the denomination :D

You need buy Nintendo network premium to unlock extreme speed capabilities

In all seriousness, I really wonder why they put theese limits, maybe it's a measure so they can have shitty cheap e shop servers, and the limit saves them trouble

comon, read before peosting x)

[...]and they've no excuses like "eShop is capped so" no because i get 230mbs on Jnus Tool...

Last edited by nolimits59,
Reactions: migles

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I also have TV bundled in with my price. I really wish my ISP was much cheaper, but Comcast are greedy whores.

Reactions: Ricken

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
In france, for €60, I get 300 TV channels, 1 Gbps of Internet, and unlimited phone calls to 100 countries :P
300 channels? or actually like 10-20 channels, because every channel is duplicated in sd version and HD version
plus all the crap like channels by the company to sell you the "premium ultra deluxe" package or to advertise other stuff they sell

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you use a USB 2.0 ethernet adapter, USB 2.0 is pretty much capped at 20MB/s
1 Gigabit network is roughly 125MB/s, but you will only get around 60MB/s depending on the file and any overhead/negotiation and type of storage device you are using. My sd card is a samsung MLC pro type that caps at around 70MB/s and with overhead that's like maybe 60MB/s.
Seems to me like you are just capping your connection or sdcard speed.
Some of you seem to be using MB/s and Mb/s interchangeably which they are not.

Unless you have an SDcard that read/writes at 125MB/s or higher you will never be able to do a proper test.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an internet speed of 150DL/150UL but with so many device connected I get a max of around 60 per device usually...sometimes the xbox one hits just above 120 for a few seconds. The switch has only gotten 36.5 and a 1/3 of that for upload. Considering verizon's upload speed is unlocked to matchable of the download speed, I would say the Switch's AC chip is either locked down or has limited capability. What a shame and I was going to soon buy verizon's AX router when it releases. Wifi AX has a max speed of nearly 5 gigbites per second. It was finalized last month. If only the switch could of had a AX chip. Instead it seems to have a rather cheap and very low-ed AC chip

Last edited by chartube12,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe it is a software cap
on linux you can change the cap with a command like iwconfig wlan0 rate 100M
where wlan0 is the interface and 100M is the speed in mb
since free bsd is unix like and linux is basically an opensource copy of unix maybe when we will have hacked the switch we will be able to get rid of the cap

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night