Looks Like Left 4 Dead 2 Is Coming To Australia!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_l4d2_oflc.jpg
QUOTE said:
Australia's long nation nightmare of maybe not being able to play Left 4 Dead 2 may soon be over, as the government's media ratings board has apparently issued the zombie shooter a rating of MA-15+.

That would essentially mean an end to the "ban" on Valve's PC and Xbox 360 sequel and translate into "good news" for our Survivor friends down under. No word yet on whether Valve's appeal was successful and/or if the company had to submit the edited version of the game for the Australian release.

We'd like to simply think that Gabe Newell just got down there a little early and put some Aussie's in a headlock. Or that Australian man's man Saxton Hale called in a favor.
Source

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but from memory Australian companies can't host the banned content (Eg. Internode) which would suck for me as I get it uncapped from them.

Also this is really starting to piss me off. If something is violent, slap a R18+ sticker on it and tell the kiddies to FUCK OFF and let us grown ups play it. Why must our freedom continue to decrease cause Mothers On Periods (MOPs) can seem to mediate what there little kiddies are playing and decide to bitch at the source instead?

It's funny how ridiculous the Southpark movie seemed when I first saw it. Only to watch it last night and realize how pathetically close it describes what is happening now x.x

EDIT: Also does anyone know how much this is going to be on Steam? AUD or otherwise is fine? I never did buy the first one.. good ole Garena satisfied me for the slim amount of time I had to play. But I did love it as a concept and I'll have a lot more time to kill by December... :x

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We have recieved the game, but at what cost. Many of the features removed are common in most other FPS games. I do not believe that this game is appropriate for persons under the age of 15, and as suchan R18+ classification is needed. I swear that as soon as Michal Atkinson loses his place as Attorney's General, we will gain the classification we really need.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they rated it MA15 then odds are they removed and/or censored a lot of the content that made it violent. And yes, it's fucking stupid that they wouldn't just slap the Mature 18+ tag on it and leave the game as it is. Really, if you don't want kids playing games like that at all, don't even let the parents buy the games when the kids are in the store, or just stop making violent games all together.

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
If they rated it MA15 then odds are they removed and/or censored a lot of the content that made it violent. And yes, it's fucking stupid that they wouldn't just slap the Mature 18+ tag on it and leave the game as it is. Really, if you don't want kids playing games like that at all, don't even let the parents buy the games when the kids are in the store, or just stop making violent games all together.
Your right. They removed a bunch of content. The OFLC report states that the Australian-specific version of Left 4 Dead 2 “no longer contains depictions of decapitations, dismemberment, wound detail, or piles of bodies lying about the environment”. Luckly, Valve are still attempting to appeal the decision so that it can be un-edited by a patch distributed later on.

Edgedancer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
So... Refresh my memory a bit. Why isn't it just rated 18+? Is 15+ the max rating?
It should be 18+ but ours goes directly from 15+ to banned and I man is stopping the change from happening.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
The censorships include:
-No decapitation
-No dismemberment
-No wound detail
-Bodies disappear after you kill them

Well, they fucked it up. I hope Valve release a mod which brings it all back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night