Hacking Looking to Upgrade from my R4DS

S197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a co-worker that needs a flash card for their NDS. I plan on selling them my R4DS and buying one of the newer cards for myself.

Things I would like to accomplish with the new card:

Playing roms

Playing movies and music with as little effort as possible (the less converting I have to do the better)

SDHC card support (I already have a 4gb card ready and waiting)

Thats about it, unless there are other cool features I'm in the dark about.

Which one should I go for?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
S197 said:
I have a co-worker that needs a flash card for their NDS. I plan on selling them my R4DS and buying one of the newer cards for myself.

Things I would like to accomplish with the new card:

Playing roms

Playing movies and music with as little effort as possible (the less converting I have to do the better)

SDHC card support (I already have a 4gb card ready and waiting)

Thats about it, unless there are other cool features I'm in the dark about.

Which one should I go for?
I'd go for CycloDS but thats just me...

PS3sixty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also own an R4 and just got my Cyclo DS Evolution today. I highly recommend it; the features blow R4 out of the water. I also got a Sandisk 8GB microsdhc and have over 135 DS roms, 31 SNES roms, and still have 1.24GB of free space left.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this in another topic but no replies... (It was sort of un-related) But I'm also looking to upgrade and I'm after something with the big features as well as Wii Connectivity. I'm guessing my only option is CycloDS as opposed to SCDS or the AK2... Would be great if someone knew otherwise!
tongue.gif

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your price range?

Look at feature lists and then make your choice from there, IMO just look around and you'll find information, don't take ANY information from people on this site that are overly enthustatic about one cart, because you'll just be taking advice from fanboys who for some reason like to advocate that their cart is the best, probably just to make themselves feel better for choosing it.

The three carts I'd look at it if you want a feature rich cart are:
Ace Kard RPG
CycloDS
Supercard DS One

If you wanta cheap cart, check dealextreme.com or whatever for the cheapest ones, I believe AK2 and DSTT are supposed to be the 'uber cheap' ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.