Looking to start over on softmod FW 4.1u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by soopa, Aug 7, 2009.

Aug 7, 2009
  1. soopa
    OP

Member soopa GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Im currently having problems with my friends wii reading games in the disk channel.
    I read that if you disable all hacks except skip disk update theres a chance it might work, so I did and I have the game load up in the channel but when I click on the game to play it just goes all black? also I cant get wiiware or vc games to copy over to the SD card menu?

would it be good just to reformat the wii and start fresh again or would I just be safe to go threw the guide redoing everything over?

2. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do a Nintendo update. This will bring you to v4.1u. Once you do that just go through the steps again (make sure you don't use an outdated guide).

You can follow this one if you like: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168...p;#entry2132444

No point trying to uninstall anything. Everything there will get overwritten with the new stuff. Uninstalling just brings more chances for a brick if you don't know what you're doing.

3. soopa
    OP

Canada
    so let me get this right
    im on wii 4.1U already, so just reupdate through nintendos server and then follow the guide you gave me.
    also do the region free hacks in preloader work?

4. Deviyl

Member Deviyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh if you're already on 4.1 and something isn't working, you can just start the steps over. Since you updated recently, you probably just need to patch 36 again and then install a new cios. You'll also have to reinstall preloader if you haven't already.

I'm not sure about region free hacks. I don't use the preloader region free as most backup loaders will change the region for you.

5. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    U need to install a patched ios 60 for the wiiware and vc games.I think the region free channel working in preloader. When u mean u had problems running games from disk did u use cioscorps? Updating wouldn't have got rid of ur cios just make sure u have wanin latest cios rev 14

6. soopa
    OP

Canada
    I did not install the patched ios60 so that will be next
    Yes I am trying to use corps 3.2 to play games off a disk
    as of right now I can only get some NTSC games to work like lego batman
    but cant get Indy staff of kings NTSC to work or any Pal version games to show up in the channel

and how would I go about installing the patched ios 36 again

7. jabmaster2

United States
    I don't think a patch ios 36 help it would probably mess up cios corps not sure though. Out regions game don't work to well with cioscorps to me I have no problem with in region games though. As far as Indy u may need to use neogamma to load it.

Oh I think for our region games u need to run em through gecko os do try that

8. soopa
    OP

Canada
    thanks for everyones help I managed to get the games to load from the disk channel, all I needed was to install ios60bf
    My only problem now is that I can not get out of region games to load in the disk channel?
    It doesnt even show up in the disk channel but all my ntsc work perfect

9. jabmaster2

United States
    Oad them with gecko os it's for out region games

10. soopa
    OP

Canada
    So is it the preloader hacks that dont let it be region free thats why i need to run them in gecko Os
    what about the startpatch 4.1 will that do anything?

Im gonna try the gecko and see what happens

Im using neogamma R6 to run the pal games and it works fine

I just find it wierd that ntsc load fine in disk channel and play when jap and Pal wont even show up

I have a 4.0u and I can run everything ntsc, pal and jap
    but this is a friends that updated to 4.1

11. jabmaster2

United States
    just think the preloader region free hacks r hit and miss. Try gecko shld work