Gaming Looking to sell, unsure on price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're very delusional if you really think that somebody (a moron) would buy it at that price.
That being said....try 200 but even with that you're in for a long wait (for a moron to take the bait).

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lol this guy^^^ no tact or understanding.

Moving on.... What I guess I'm really asking is. Is it an advantage or disadvantage owning a foriegin console that can't play local retail games, but can buy the same game considerable cheaper off the eshop?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i don't think 275 is worth it, come on it had been used,
an used console even if its on perfect state, doesn't worth the price of the new one, first it was pre-owned, second, in EU every electronic device got a 2 year warranty, (not sure how it works on other places) so, probably you will not give the buy receipt to the new owner, and if you do, it will not be full the 2 years warranty
so, if the product "die" from one moment to the other, the buyer gets stuck with it

of course it got 5 games already but most people when buy a console will not care about all that 5 games.. and there are extra games the person doesn't even wanted in the first place...

if the console had a 4.5 firmware, and a very good state, in my opinion the price should be higher of course.. but i suppose your console is on the last firmware

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not on here to defend the price. That would be pointless as I'd lose every argument as it hasn't sold. I know it's an international forum, I was just hoping only Australians would respond. Don't take this the wrong way but as firegrey has alluded to, international opinions count for shit.

Firegrey if you were selling what would be your lowest mark. Taking into consideration ebay's 10% cut? And you were not desperate to sell.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not on here to defend the price. That would be pointless as I'd lose every argument as it hasn't sold. I know it's an international forum, I was just hoping only Australians would respond. Don't take this the wrong way but as firegrey has alluded to, international opinions count for shit.

Firegrey if you were selling what would be your lowest mark. Taking into consideration ebay's 10% cut? And you were not desperate to sell.

It's always different depending on what the seller wants from it, but from a buyer perspective I would pay over $300 for an Australia 3DS XL with 4 mario games.
The fact that it's a US model means different things to different buyers, there is ofcourse the fact that you get eShop games a lot cheaper using the US model, but you don't have the convenience of buying from stores, which is a lot more popular than buying digitally, especially considering how slow Australian internet is..
A lot of buyers will expect that a US 3DS must be a lot cheaper than and Australian 3DS, though when I have looked into this I have found that the opposite is actually true, I bought my Australian 3DS XL brand new for only $200 off ebay, with some silly naruto game (the seller didn't even detail that he would send any game with it) when to order off Amazon (the only place without great difficulty to import things to Australia) it would cost $200 AUD + Shipping with the current $15 USD off.
In comparison with other deals, you have a very low asking price but without knowledge of demand on the US model her in Australia, it may not be sold instantly like a good deal should.
I personally believe that you could sell it $25 higher if you were to keep it up there for over two weeks, it just really depends on how patient you want to be.
If you are content with the price there at the moment, I would leave it up there for 2 weeks and if in the unlikely case, it hasn't sold, then pick the best offer, though it would be easiest to just accept an offer of $265+ as soon as it comes up because $10 shouldn't really be a big deal.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the response firegrey.

I think I will keep it at $275. I see having the US console as a plus, as you get discounts on eshop games forevermore. But you are right in that other people, especially the main 3ds target audience, may see it as a negative. Who really know....

Originally I had based my price at $150 for the console 4x$40 for the mario games and maybe $10 for pilotwings. I thought that was reasonable compared to AU retail.

Like I said, I'm not desperate to sell, but I just didn't want to be wasting my time advertising it at an unreasonable price.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
i hate it when people are like oh its not 4.5 so you should sell it for cheaper. not everyone wants to pirate. your price is fair you get for 4 games with it and if you dont like the games you wouldnt buy it then would you so keep the price and good luck with your sale :)

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fair price is about $230, at the very most, but thats because you made the bad decision to buy digital games that are required to be locked down to a single system+account rather than buying a physical game.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games that you bundle often don't matter.

I've seen people trying to flog a ps3 with 50 games for close to a $1000. Yes, it's probably worth that much if you sold everything individually but if you package them, nobody will buy it.

Same thing applies to his $275 for the 3DS with 5 games. People can get a brand new set for <= to what he's asking for. Games don't matter much.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i may not know the australian mentality but do they really buy "used" things at full price?let's put aside gateway and hacking for a minute but are there any sane men that buy used things on the internet at full price with the risk of fraud going on in the net?in my country is common use to half cut the price....

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i may not know the australian mentality but do they really buy "used" things at full price?let's put aside gateway and hacking for a minute but are there any sane men that buy used things on the internet at full price with the risk of fraud going on in the net?in my country is common use to half cut the price....

Lol the funny thing about this comment is that the price is actually half.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so in australian 3DS XL are priced 300 and the games 80?talk about money currency....

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wondering....in italy the official price is 200...but you can very easily find it on 150...that does not happen in australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls