Looking to sell CFW Vita+ SD2Vita, how to format and keep the hacks?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as the firmware can be downgraded to 3.60, you should redo everything, then downgrade. I'm pretty sure you need an account for anything above 3.60, since you have to use qcma. the only systems that would have a base firmware higher than 3.60 would be Japanese systems afaik. they're like the special edition models that are different colors.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
as long as the firmware can be downgraded to 3.60, you should redo everything, then downgrade. I'm pretty sure you need an account for anything above 3.60, since you have to use qcma. the only systems that would have a base firmware higher than 3.60 would be Japanese systems afaik. they're like the special edition models that are different colors.

Yeah I got a Japanese one. Still dunno how I lost the CFW when formatting should have apparently kept the Enso?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got a Japanese one. Still dunno how I lost the CFW when formatting should have apparently kept the Enso?

Need to uninstall enso when you downgrade/upgrade firmware, you can format the system and do the setup again, and then just keep it like that after setting up cfw.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you'll have to check on vitadevwiki for which skus can't be downgraded to 3.60. I think they're all different colored ones other than black.

I've already done the job, so I know it works on this unit, the question is why I lost it when I asked if I would lose if it I formatted and was told that I was good to go ahead :sleep:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you shouldn't have lost it. you just don't have vita shell. did you remove the sd card when you formatted. the tai and config should still be on the system in ur0. I've done this myself, so I know it doesn't remove it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1