Looking to sell CFW Vita+ SD2Vita, how to format and keep the hacks?

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So I am selling my vita. I just never use it. I want to sell it hacked, with the SD2Vita job done on it. I could just delete all my installs, but the problem is my PSN ID is clearly visible in the settings, my full name, email, everything. I can't seem to delete this, and apparently need to reformat the machine to do so. How can I format the machine, but keep the CFW and SD2Vita? The SD2Vita job in particular I found tricky, wouldn't want to have to repeat it. Any advice would be appreciated.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did something similar like this. I just factory reset it, made a new dummy account for it, and then reapplied the exploits like normal. AutoPlugin makes this pretty seamless.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system restore will wipe the system. not sure if it wipes the memory card or not, but you can do that on your own. all that information is stored in vd0/registry/system.dreg iirc. that will be wiped with a system restore, so yeah.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You could use Vita account switcher to remove your PSN and then put an unactivated account on there.

Yeah will probably go this route. But the site has this warning:
DO NOT USE WITH SD2Vita/PSVSD (on ux0) IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENSO!
it WILL ask you to format your memory card upon reboot!
if you MUST switch accounts. you can manually remove /id.dat from the REAL memory card/internal storage.

Should I just delete id.dat through my FTP software? Where is that in the file directory?

Thanks for the advice as well godreborn.

SAORIxMEGUMIN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you MUST switch accounts. you can manually remove /id.dat from the REAL memory card/internal storage.

Should I just delete id.dat through my FTP software? Where is that in the file directory?

I forgot where it is placed. Thats's what I would remove with the program. Maybe google search that. It has your PSN credentials in it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Id.dat is on the root of ux0. You can delete it via ftp, but it won't take effect until a reboot.

Reactions: TempOutlook

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm trying to get the necessary files from my much larger microSD onto a smaller one, to keep the larger card and sell the vita with all SD2Vita stuff necessary on system. Using a 4GB card, that is fat32, larger card is exFat. 4GB card is not reading in the vita at all. Is that because it needs to be exfat, or is the bigger card simply exfat because it's much larger? Been a while since I hacked this so I forget...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's supposed to be exfat. you need the necessary files on the micro sd card. from what I remember with a normal ps vita memory card, there are certain folders that are on there by default, which a format will not create, so you may need to use an actual memory card, preferably one the the same size, format, then copy and paste. btw, your account will still be on the system. one option you have is to downgrade to 3.60, if you're not on there already, then system restore, do henkaku to get vita shell, and transfer over some games. this will remove your account. afaik, every other firmware above that requires an account, since you'll be using qcma.

Reactions: TempOutlook

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks. Even formatting to exfat doesn't seem to allow the 4GB to register on the vita, does it have to be a specific allocation unit size? Or maybe SD2vita won't take a card as small as 4GB?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure on that one. if it's a 2K system, just use the internal memory to install vita shell. let the buyer do the rest of the stuff.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is it possible to simply transfer files between sdcards and expect it to work or do I need to do something in an app with the new msd installed with all of the file structures from the OG card?

Deleting id.dat also didn't remove my account deets either, bah! Can I not just factory reset to my henkaku install?

Last edited by TempOutlook,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can factory reset, yes. that will remove the account. I don't think you can just transfer your old card's stuff. several things on the sd card are tied to your account, like the calendar database for example. it contains your account inside.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you can factory reset, yes.

But will that bring me back to OFW? Or can I factory reset to my permanent henkaku?
that will remove the account. I don't think you can just transfer your old card's stuff. several things on the sd card are tied to your account, like the calendar database for example. it contains your account inside.
My account survived the transfer to the smaller card at least haha. But that's the one thing I don't want lol

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can't even sign in to format. Logged in just fine on the web. 2-step is off. It's not letting me login, I just reset the password so I'm sure it's right. Is this that stupid new forced account stuff added to the vita? Do I have to add two step and use that as my password to even format this unit? Has Enso come out with a solution to that? Crazy how I can't even format my unit...

Or maybe this is because I deleted id.dat?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, it doesn't get rid of enso. you should've done that on 3.60, because now you need an account again to get vita shell back, I think.

TempOutlook

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It definitely is an official OFW... how could this have happened? I should have done what on 3.60? I think I only ever hacked this unit on 3.65 regardless...
Am I really going to have to use an account to redo this CFW job on this unit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk