Looking to play all NDS and GBA games on my GB Lite - EZ Flash Vi + EZ Flash 3-in-1?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Spankenstein, May 25, 2013.

1. Spankenstein
    OP

Spankenstein Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    Will the combination of

EZ Flash Vi
    EZ Flash Expansion 3-in-1

allow me to play ALL GBA and NDS titles on my Nintendo DS Lite without the need for emulation?

I own an EZ-Flash IV but it sticks out from the bottom on the DS Lite so I'm looking for a better solution.

2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    "EZ flash iv lite deluxe" doesn't stick out from the bottom. though good luck finding it.

your slot-1 card doesn't have to be ez flash Vi. most ds flash carts have slot-2 booting option afaik. my supercard ds two has this option too.

Rydian likes this.
  3. aalokishere

aalokishere GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2012
    Nepal
    Yeah that should be enough for pretty much all titles. If you want, you can replace the Ez Flash Vi with something else (supercard maybe) as I don't exactly know if its supports games with newer APs but you can patch them none the less. So its your choice

4. Spankenstein
    OP

Spankenstein Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    I own an acekard2i. Will that work with an 'EZ Flash Expansion 3-in-1'?

I presume the acekard2i is the one with the best compatibility as it is still in active development?

EDIT: Does it go without saying that the 'EZ Flash Expansion 3-in-1' is the best GBA flash cart to get for the DS Lite (not including the difficult to find iv deluxe)?

5. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    You will be ok. Maybe 1 more person confirm this.

6. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    i have the original ds and i still continue to use my ez flash iv. i never felt the need to buy the 3-in-1. ez flash 3-in-1 has extra memory and rumble which is nearly useless as not many games/homebrews take advantage of them.

if you are serious about gba gaming, buy a gba sp ags 101 if you can find one cheap. combined with ez flash iv, you will not be disappointed.

i really think it is a waste of money to buy the 3-in-1 when you already have ez flash iv. maybe that's just me.

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    AK2i stopped getting hardware+firmware updates from the Acekard team a while back, but that doesn't matter on a DS/Lite.

8. Spankenstein
    OP

Spankenstein Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2013
    Done. I sold some crap on eBay and used that money to buy a pristine refurbished GBA SP AGS 101.

Thanks for the advice :)

9. OnlyTheBrave

OnlyTheBrave Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2013
    Netherlands
    Any R4 Wood card has flawless support for the EZ-Flash EXPANSION PACK, just drag and drop, R4 Wood will do the rest for you. I have a R4 DS with the 3 in 1 and it runs all ROM's so far.

10. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    you are welcome. glad to hear that.

11. ryanlaw
    This message by ryanlaw has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    May 27, 2013
  12. kumpandjill

kumpandjill GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    United States
    "ALL" games? No, there are a few minor compatibility things. But 99%, yes.