Hacking Looking to Install Ark-2 eCFW on my (EU FW 3.36) Vita

jd.caffe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Issue resolved, check out my response a few posts down.

I currently have setup VHBL using this guide, with Arcade Darts as my exploit game and the ApeQuest demo as the base game I use to launch VHBL.

I've noticed in the comments that people have said it is possible to install Ark-2 eCFW via the exact same method, however I cannot figure out where to get the ARK2 savedata folder people are mentioning.

I downloaded Ark-2 from here and also have the 138menu, and as such I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do next since no savedata folder was included like there was for the VHBL download in the video guide I linked above.

Am I missing something here? I've got Arcade Darts, the ApeQuest demo, and the ARK_1234+ARK2.ISO included in the download I linked, but I still apparently need this savedata folder I can't find anywhere - and I have no idea where to look.

I made a system backup before installing VHBL, so If I need to revert to that to uninstall it plus revert all the other messing around I've done with it first then I'm able to, I just really want to get Ark-2 running.

Sorry if this is a noob question, this is my first time dabbling with homebrew for the Vita.

LewieP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am in exactly the same boat. I did a bit of PSP homebrew back in the day, so I'm vaguely familiar with some of this stuff, but I'm stumped too.

Neal Cullum

Newcomer
Trophies
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
XP
Country
I currently have setup VHBL using this guide, with Arcade Darts as my exploit game and the ApeQuest demo as the base game I use to launch VHBL.

I've noticed in the comments that people have said it is possible to install Ark-2 eCFW via the exact same method, however I cannot figure out where to get the ARK2 savedata folder people are mentioning.

I downloaded Ark-2 from here and also have the 138menu, and as such I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do next since no savedata folder was included like there was for the VHBL download in the video guide I linked above.

Am I missing something here? I've got Arcade Darts, the ApeQuest demo, and the ARK_1234+ARK2.ISO included in the download I linked, but I still apparently need this savedata folder I can't find anywhere - and I have no idea where to look.

I made a system backup before installing VHBL, so If I need to revert to that to uninstall it plus revert all the other messing around I've done with it first then I'm able to, I just really want to get Ark-2 running.

Sorry if this is a noob question, this is my first time dabbling with homebrew for the Vita.

Check out this website, it has the video to show you what to do:- http://wololo.net/2015/02/08/video-...irmware-3-36-exploits-arcade-darts-hot-brain/

also hackinformer.com is another good website which has videos and files to download for exploits

jd.caffe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually just got this question answered over on the wololo forums!
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=41634&p=380823#p380823

Did as this guy said after restoring my vita from the backup I had made (turns out I can run emulators through Ark-2 apparently so no point in keeping VHBL) and it worked right away, only difference is I used the NPEZ00053SLOT00 savedata file since I'm using an EU account and copy of Arcade Darts.

LewieP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I've tried doing that, but I'm just getting a white screen when I launch Ape Quest, then it crashes.

Vittel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, I used arcade darts EU to do the vhbl trick with Ape demo, now i can run vhbl by starting Ape demo but i don't understand how to launch Ark-2 ?
what are the files needed and how to setup the cfw ?

ps: i didn't do a copy of arcade darts and the base game beforehand, am i screwed ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: