Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to hack my wii, but I have no idea where to start
I'm only looking to play burn/backup games/iso

can someone point me in the right direction

easiest and cheapest way for a noob
plug and play if possible..I just read the wode review, but it's a little pricey for me
safest way also...the only thing holding me back is, I afraid I might brick my wii, so idiot proof if possible

I kept reading about the zelda method..is that any good

sorry for all the noob question..

thanks in advance

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Zelda method only works with SMs 3.2-3.4! U might wanna try DARKCORP FULL v1.0 (SM 4.2) or DARKCORP FULL v1.1 (4.3)

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your Wii is still on 4.2, the Bannerbomb exploit is beautifully easy for installing the Homebrew Channel. Also, I've found that going out and getting an HDD for ISOs instead of burning them saves you a lot of hassle, and plus it's convenient, as in-game loading times are faster through USB, and you don't need to swap discs, ever.

This site has a lot of great guides for how to softmod your Wii, so search this subforum and follow a guide step-by-step.

gsaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use either of the 2 links at the top of this forum wii-hacking;

modmii

OR

CompleteSoftmodGuide

Read both thoroughly (you need to understand what you're doing and why) then choose one that suits you and stick with it, either will get you modded

smile.gif

1Player

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys, I just finished watching the video on modmii
should have check before I post..but it looks easy enough, is there any downside to modmii?

also is there a guide to the Bannerbomb exploit?

never mind I just saw them..I'm looking at them right now

last question I promise..

which is easier and safer for noob?

Bannerbomb exploit
or
modmii

1Player

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gamecaptor said:
I've moded about a dozen Wii's and I've always done the Bannerbomb method as it's a fairly straightforward. There are GREAT guides here that can assist you with the entire process.

thanks, I'll try that one first, I'm gonna download it now...I'll be back later

thanks for all your help everyone

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a couple of clarifications... ModMii is a program, which downloads a set of files (one of which is the bannerbomb exploit). Almost every guide you see for wii's with system menus

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
My advice is to leave off darkcorp, it is my basic understanding that darkcorp modifies most of the ios under 200, these are used by nintendo and if it messes up then you could see nothing load or worse a brick so should not be touched unless they need updating for when a game needs a certain ios version to work. lol all this just to allow you to play games off a disk channel, not worth the hastle imo

1 player what you should do is

install homebrew channel and bootmii (boot2 preferably as it you can recover from a brick, if it says you can only install as an ios then that means if you ever brick then it wont recover, just install as an ios) using that bannerbomb exploit

If you installed bootmii as an ios then install priiloader, this will protect you from things like corrupt channels that you may decide to install later on but some things it wont protect you from like a full brick, I also recommend you install priiloader even if you do have bootmii as boot2 as it has loads of features other than recover liketweaks for the system menu, autoboot into a title instead of the system menu, etc, look it up for a list of complete features

Get a game loader like neogamma for disk backups or if you want it to a whole new level of hastle free and complete ease of use then use a usb loader (usb loader gx, wii flow or cfg loader), it allows you to store loads of games on a external hard drive and its fairly easy to use and copy games over

This just about covers the basics that anyone should do, oh and another bit of advice if nintendo asks you to update NEVER DO IT as it removes the homebrew channel and they could remove the exploit, 4.3 did this to the bannerbomb exploit, same with disk updates

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for bannerbomb , i was a complete noob when i did my wii also , but using the completesoftmod guide it was a piece of piss . being wifi connected makes it easier , wouldnt want to try it if it wasnt though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo