Hacking Looking to get an R4 Help me choose

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get an R4. I hear that the old R4 team disbanded or something and then new people came around and started developing R4 cards.
I just wanted to know whats the best kind of R4 kit to buy and from where. And also is this a good kit?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 is NOT a generic term for flashcard. That said, you probably don't want to get an R4.
At worst, you're getting an unsupported card that has been put out by a team that ripped off someone else' hardware and the R4 name.
At best, you're getting a 3rd Party supported card that has been put out by a team that ripped off someone else' hardware and the R4 name.

I would suggest an Acekard2i (basic card) or SuperCard DSTwo (has SNES/GBA emulator) or maybe waiting for the CycloDS iEvolution (supposedly works in DSi Mode), but be warned that team is notorious for being expensive and hasn't really updated their current cards much lately.

Also, I just noticed you asked about RHS...
I would recommend not buying from them because they have knowingly sold fake AceKards as real ones, then lied to customers about them being real, then lied again saying that Team AceKard was going to release a fix for it.
There are others here who will say RHS is fine, but why support a shop that has lied to the customers?

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
R4 is NOT a generic term for flashcard. That said, you probably don't want to get an R4.
At worst, you're getting an unsupported card that has been put out by a team that ripped off someone else' hardware and the R4 name.
At best, you're getting a 3rd Party supported card that has been put out by a team that ripped off someone else' hardware and the R4 name.

I would suggest an Acekard2i (basic card) or SuperCard DSTwo (has SNES/GBA emulator) or maybe waiting for the CycloDS iEvolution (supposedly works in DSi Mode), but be warned that team is notorious for being expensive and hasn't really updated their current cards much lately.
i agree but maybe he wants a cart that supports WOOD since it does get more frequent updates than AKAIO.
and besides if you read his signature , it does say that he owns a Supercard DSTwo and an Acekard

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45gc said:
but maybe he wants a cart that supports WOOD since it does get more frequent updates than AKAIO.

Yea thats what I'm looking for. So anyone know where I can a real R4i Gold from with decent shipping time?

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm thinking about ordering from Lightake but just to make sure this thing probably my best bet at getting a Flashcard thats Wood right? Or is there something else out there...

Hotness1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diando said:

Lol there's no site there.
wtf.gif

GolenSun550

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hotness1 said:
Ok so I'm thinking about ordering from Lightake but just to make sure this thing probably my best bet at getting a Flashcard thats Wood right? Or is there something else out there...
People are pretty satisfied with Wood , that's why Wood is so famous .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0