Looking to get a new flashcart, some quick advice would be nice

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gldoorii, Apr 3, 2014.

1. gldoorii
    OP

gldoorii Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2013
    United States
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Hey guys. I'd like to get a flashcart for DS games on my 3DS. I see that the R4i 3DS Gold RTS seems to be the card to get, but I just wanted some confirmation before I buy it.

1) I've read that the DSTwo (sp?) is good too, but on the pricey side because of the GBA emulation ability or whatever, which I don't really care about. Is that the big main difference?

2) The R4i 3DS Gold RTS is the one to get, not the R4i 3DS SDHC or something...right?

3) I currently have a DSi with an Acekard 2i and a DSi XL that my wife uses with an R4i 3DS v4.5 (the one that doesn't work with the latest 3DS firmware) and shes always complaining about how slow it is and how the compatibility is much worse than the Acekard 2i. I end up having to use her microSD card in my Acekard for her to play many games. Anyways, I wanted to know if I should buy another Acekard 2i to replace her R4i or if I should buy two R4i 3DS Gold RTS carts (one for my 3DS and one for her DSi XL).

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    The DSTwo is the only one worth buying imho ... I've never had any problems in any DS games with my DSTwo but with my R4 I had so many games not loading and I had to find patch and stuff like that! The DSTwo also has a Snes emulator, Genesis, Gameboy, Nes, GBA etc ...

3. gldoorii
    OP

gldoorii Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2013
    United States
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Thanks a lot I appreciate the help