Looking to get a console.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by KrimsoN111, Apr 28, 2010.

Apr 28, 2010

Looking to get a console. by KrimsoN111 at 1:47 AM (1,233 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. KrimsoN111
    OP

Newcomer KrimsoN111 Member

United States
    and all the help i could get would be awesome, so, if you have time, check out the site in my sig and give me a hand! the more referrals the better!

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Enough advertising!
    Did you join the forums just to advertise?

3. KrimsoN111
    OP

United States
    no, just seemed like the best way to do it...

4. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    You seem like a nice person, so you should really just stop advertising.

Get a PS3. They're pretty nice.

5. KrimsoN111
    OP

United States
    you got it, im done. srry alll [​IMG]

6. Arp1

Member Arp1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nah Xbox 360 is better [​IMG]

7. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    LOL Flame wars.

I like both. I'd go with the Wii if you can't decide.

8. xmastermiix

Newcomer xmastermiix Advanced Member

Australia
    Stay away from XBOX 360!!!!! if someone tells u to get 360 they r 13 year old fanboys with no life get a Wii or a PS3

9. KrimsoN111
    OP

United States
    lol i got an xbox already, i love halo 3 lol...on that note, i think i will go for the ps3, thx.

10. xmastermiix

Newcomer xmastermiix Advanced Member

Australia
    ...................microsoft just grabbed halo2 put halo3 on the cover and sold it for $100 and they charge for online play when they r billionaires like they need more money they r 50x richer then sony and nintendo and they dont charge for online microsoft are cheap morons i hate them u wont be liking that xbox when it gets red rings of death xboxs only exclusives are halo and gears of war both suck ps3 has MGS , gran turismo, uncharted, resistence, killzone, and much more xbox failz

11. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    LOL. Are you describing yourself?

12. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Get an original Xbox and softmod it, did it to mine and now I have a cheap media center with the capability of playing 720p movies and a bunch of emulators.

13. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Wii is the only console that still matters, the rest is dying a slow and painful death.

14. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I'll disagree with that statement.

Demon's Souls
    Valkyria Chronicles
    3D dot game heroes
    Uncharted 2 (Rehash, but made surprisingly good amount of improvements and actually makes the game fun to play)
    Last Guardian
    Aaaand games that I don't care about like God of war collection, god of war 3, Killzone 2, Heavy rain and a few others.

The Wii also doesn't offer me decent fighting games, like SSF4, or Blazblue. There's Guilty Gear, but I already have the PS2 one. There's also a bunch of JRPGs, but they are either ruined (Arc Rise Fantasia, for one) or is never coming over (Tales of Graces).

Still, the wii offers me a bunch of interesting titles, but none of which interesting enough for me to come back to. No, I don't really care all that much about brawl.

15. JohnLoco

Member JohnLoco GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    Depends on what you like etc, but as previous people stated. Get either the first xbox or the 360.

16. olliepop2000

Member olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if someone writes loads of exclamation marks they r 13 year old fanboys with no life... ZOMG !!!1!!!!!1

17. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Someone doesn't like Microsoft.

Xbox Live really isn't even that bad. I think it's stupid to pay for online, yes, but if you think about the chumps who pay like $10+ a month for a MMORPG, it's not that bad. At most you pay $8/month, at least you get $60/year.

All consoles have their pros and cons. PS3 and Xbox have a lot of multiplatform games so it really comes down to what you like in exclusives. Screw Halo and Gears of War, Mass Effect is the best Xbox exclusive, if you were wondering. PS3 has MGS4, Uncharted, etc, all of which seem good enough (of course I haven't played them since I don't own a PS3 [​IMG]).

As for the Wii, it's pretty much a different class. Honestly, it's not a great standalone system. It's a good compliment to a PS3/Xbox though. It's skimp on features and low on graphics, but you get some good titles and games that are just fun. Nothing too heavy on frustration or grinding, but just fun games.

As for handhelds, you got the PSP and DS, and like most systems, both have pros and cons. Hacked PSPs are one of the best portable solutions for emulation (excluding maybe the Pandora, but that's really overpriced), as they do pretty much up the GBA and can play PSX games as well. It's core library is good enough, but the DS has a stronger one and more releases. Not all those releases are good, but every now and then you'll find a true gem, not to mention with tons of releases always flowing in, you've got something to do at least.

It really comes down to preference. Pretty much all consoles this generation are good enough.

18. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    If you alrady have a 360, stick with a wii. As Guild said, it compliments either the 360 or PS3 equally well. Both consoles are slowly becoming on in the same as exclsives are no where near as apparent as they were years ago, though there are still some exclusives that I would love on the 360 (namely Uncharted). Most of the games that are highly anticicpted right now are multi-platform.
    @xmastermiix, you are not exactly making the clearest of points. I get what your trying to say but you cannot simply say that Gears and Halo suck (I agree about Halo by the way) but saying taht the whole system sucks due to those two games is extremely narrowminded. Most people that want multi-platform titles/online multiplayer will go for the 360 due to the price and the sheer amount of people that are online incomparison.