Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Howdy! So I have a few questions. I have what appears to a Phillips & Lite-on 16D2S DVD Drive in my 360 and I was just wondering what programs and things would I need in order to flash it? If you could post them here or even just link to a tutorial that would be great! I'm just a little new to this 360 hacking stuff but have dabbled in this sort of thing before...but maybe it's because every time I read a tutorial I'm half awake or maybe it's because I don't pay attention but I just don't really...understand the steps to flashing my drive. I looked in the 360 tutorials section here and I saw a Hatachi flash guide and I was wondering if it was similar to that?

EDIT: I was also wondering what kind of discs to use whenever burning backups? And I hear there is a stealth patcher and such which you should use, can I get a link or even just a name to that as well?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should download JungleFlasher for the flashing, and read the Jungleflasher guide as well, it pretty much gives a full explanation on how to flash drives.

And the Hitachi guide is way different then how your going to go about flashing your drive. Each drive is different, that's why they each have their own tab in JungleFlasher, Hitachis have there whole own tab because of how different flashing them is.

And as for disc brand, I would suggest Verbatim, and as long as you burn everything correctly you should be fine on live, though remember that having a flash drive on live always will put you at risk for a ban.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You should download JungleFlasher for the flashing, and read the Jungleflasher guide as well, it pretty much gives a full explanation on how to flash drives.

And the Hitachi guide is way different then how your going to go about flashing your drive. Each drive is different, that's why they each have their own tab in JungleFlasher, Hitachis have there whole own tab because of how different flashing them is.

And as for disc brand, I would suggest Verbatim, and as long as you burn everything correctly you should be fine on live, though remember that having a flash drive on live always will put you at risk for a ban.

Gotcha, will do that.

Ah, of course Verbatims. Will do. And quite frankly I don't care if I get banned from Live as I have 2 more 360's and only pay for 3 months of Live at a time so...ehh. So is it basically just stealth patch, burn, play?

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disc brand I'd also recommend Verbatims but only made in singapore as they give the best results, also you should consider what hardware you'll be using to flash the drives and use Jungle Flasher as previously stated when you do. All backups should be ran through ABGX for stealth patching except new XGD3 games which won't be ABGX ready until version 1.0.6.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disc brand I'd also recommend Verbatims but only made in singapore as they give the best results, also you should consider what hardware you'll be using to flash the drives and use Jungle Flasher as previously stated when you do. All backups should be ran through ABGX for stealth patching except new XGD3 games which won't be ABGX ready until version 1.0.6.

I was just about to say that :lol:, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't release yet.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So before I start...well any of this, I was just wondering if I need any sort of extra hardware in order to flash it? Or if I need any kind of soldering skills as well (hands aren't very steady unfortunately...) The FW version is 93450C and I see you might have to have some sort of PMT in order to flash it without soldering...I see Team Xecuter has the CK3 Probe 3 for about $20 on deal extreme, would this be a good way to go?

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you will need the probe 3 for your liteon drive unless you want to cut up the board with the mra hack (you don't) You may also want to consider buying a ck3 pro or light. That powers the dvd drive from a molex power suply in your computer, as well as the probe v3. One last thing, do you have sata ports on your motherboard? If not you might want to consider the usb pro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE