Looking to do a case mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009
  1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I just got a new entertainment system, and everything in it is completely black other than my 360. This makes it stick out like a sore thumb, so I want to do a case mod that'll make it black (like an Elite). To clarify, I want it completely black, not "smoke black" where you can kind of see through it.

I found a couple sites with dark knight cases, but the only problem is that I have an HDMI port on the back of my 360 and I'm not sure if it's compatible. Does anyone know if a dark knight case will install with the HDMI port? If not, is there a case that will?

EDIT: I also don't want a window cut in it. Just a plain black case is perfectly fine.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

How do it the easy way just take the casing off and spray paint it MATT BLACK?

3. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I want it to look as professional and OEM as possible, so I think it's just easier to buy a new case. Plus I don't trust my spraypainting skills [​IMG].

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

lol no worries [​IMG]

Just trying to save you a few $'s

Anyhow... you can probably afford buy a new case now that I bought your Cyclo [​IMG]

5. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If the case fits the hdmi models, then it will normally say. Looking around I can only see the the xcm black knight case with no window without hdmi. Can only seem to get the hdmi one with a pre-cut window.

6. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Are you sure? Really, all you'd have to do is copy the ones that are on the Elite models, since those ones have HDMI ports. Doesn't anyone sell replacement cases for Elite models? If it comes down to it I'll get the one with the window, but I'd rather have it look a little more official.

I've also read that the smoke black one (which has an HDMI model) looks completely black when nothing's shining from the inside. Is that true? If it is, I'll just grab that one and not use any lights. But for me to do that it has to look completely black without it being translucent at all (I don't like translucent things). So if someone has one can you tell me if it looks translucent?

7. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I have one last question. The black knight case with blue LEDs is growing on me, so I think I'm going to get that. When it says it has a window, though, is it actually a closed window or is it just a hole? I definitely don't want a big gaping hole in my Xbox, so I would hope it's just a window. Does anybody know?

8. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the window area is covered usually with a sheet of clear acrylic plastic