ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Swap Magic set for either a fat PS2 (SCPH-5003) or a slim PS2 (SCPH-7003) in order to run custom Guitar Hero songs. My questions are: what's a good retailer of Swap Magic in the UK? And do I need any additonal tools for my memory card or anything in order to run backups or is the Swap Magic disks + tools all I need?

TIA
smile.gif

ChaosSeeker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From what Ive researched, getting one for the fat ps2 is the easiest. I have the slim, and i Had to buy the tools along with it, which took me a couple of days just to set up. You can buy the flip top cover for the slim.

Also, you could always try to go the HD Loader way, Ive heard that it has full compatibility, and swap magic is hard on the laser.

As for retailers, just do some research, there are websites out there that can help.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used http://www.gameworlddirect.co.uk/ but I don't know if I'd suggest it because when I ordered mine, it took a month and a half for it to deliver because of all that warehouse moving crap. They advertised it would take about 1-2 days for it to delivery so if your lucky, you should get yours pretty quick, I'd still suggest checking through any other resellers if you can though to see if you can find a more reliable place to order from.

EDIT: Checking the site again, I can't find the products any more so that site may be a no go... sorry

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I was looking to purchase one from http://www.techwizad.com/index1.html

3.8 is £20 and you get a choice of a slide card or whatever tool you need for the slim, which seems a good price (although I havn't seen prices of other retailers so I can't really judge).

I really need to get a bank account and a paypal account and order me one.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can't say for a place since I'm in the US and ordered mine two years ago or something

anyways, swap magic will work for fat or slim, doesn't matter. What does matter is the method of switching between SM and backup. Slide tool or fliptop. I'd go fliptop myself. Slide tool would be cheaper and even free if you can make it yourself, there are templates out there, so it's pretty easy actually.

Besides that, nothing else is needed. I think the only tool I needed with a basic screw driving, which everyone should have.

good luck, would love to find someone in the US who has copies of the Guitar hero discs, sucks being stuck on dialup!

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can't say for a place since I'm in the US and ordered mine two years ago or something

anyways, swap magic will work for fat or slim, doesn't matter. What does matter is the method of switching between SM and backup. Slide tool or fliptop. I'd go fliptop myself. Slide tool would be cheaper and even free if you can make it yourself, there are templates out there, so it's pretty easy actually.

Besides that, nothing else is needed. I think the only tool I needed with a basic screw driving, which everyone should have.

good luck, would love to find someone in the US who has copies of the Guitar hero discs, sucks being stuck on dialup!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?