Hacking looking to buy my first 3DS i have questions

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im looking to buy my first first gen 3DS. how easy are they to mod so i can run 3DS games off an sd card or whatever. i know on the DS LITE all you needed was an R4 card, before i buy a 3DS is there anything i need to know?

if it matters im buying a first gen 3DS because they are cheap and its easy to replace the battery if needed

D

Deleted User

Don't buy an Old 3DS, especially if you want to emulate. It's not worth it, the one I recommended has perfect battery anyway.

Last edited by ,

Red771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
As someone linked above, it's best to buy it directly from the Nintendo refurb store if you can. You really won't be able to tell the difference between the refurb new 2ds xl and a brand new new 2ds xl. It's better to buy it sooner. Can't know for how long Nintendo will have these in stock. Once they run one, it won't be so cheap to get a system in excellent condition.

yaum

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can agree on the ones you find on eBay, they are really overpriced (esp. the broken ones, sometimes reaching 50+ bucks !) If you have those 100$, buy it from Nintendo, it will even be coming with a warranty.

Be aware that the 2DS XL that has been linked above is not going to render your games with a 3D visual effect. I've got 3DS XL (new and old) at home, I can tell you that the kids are never using the 3D effect anymore, they configure the display in 2D only. So much for the additional cost...

defunct32

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Buy this, you can't tell the difference between this and a new console and it only costs $100. It also looks the coolest. When you make your purchase, you should follow this guide to hack it.

Agree! The New 2DS XL is the latest iteration, I am using it and it came modded although I didn't install the CFW myself I managed to get things updated with the help of everyone here and reading up the guide.

I was intimidated at first but that is only because I lacked knowledge. All the best abd hope you have fun.

Last edited by defunct32,

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy this, you can't tell the difference between this and a new console and it only costs $100. It also looks the coolest. When you make your purchase, you should follow this guide to hack it.

The difference is playing in 3D ^_^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so im looking to buy my first first gen 3DS. how easy are they to mod so i can run 3DS games off an sd card or whatever. i know on the DS LITE all you needed was an R4 card, before i buy a 3DS is there anything i need to know?

if it matters im buying a first gen 3DS because they are cheap and its easy to replace the battery if needed

Don't bother buying the old 3DS, the New 2DS/3DS XL models are way more worth their money. ..the New 3DS XL is $200+ more because it plays in 3D :mellow:

The New 2DS/3DS XL models load a lot faster than their predecessors --Faster game downloads, a better Web Browser (You can view pages in Android mode :lol:), access to every Nintendo New 3DS XL title, whether you're on the Nintendo New 2DS XL or the Nintendo New 3DS XL.

Last edited by Momoro,
Reactions: kaitlin459

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime