Hacking Looking To Buy A Black Wii

jackopeng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys im pretty new around here and new to the Wii hacking scence so i got a few questions.

1) Does the black Wii have any sort of data encryption on it to prevent it being hacked? and does it come with 4.2 installed straight off the bat?

2) Can i use something like an external HDD to load my games off or would i need a SD Card or something? (something as big as a HDD would be much easier)

3) How diffcult is it to actually Hack a Wii? I'd be completely new so you guys would have to help meh
tongue.gif

Thanks!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
You can't mod it with previous gen modchips and you can't use backup launchers (with backup dvds I mean)

I think they work ok with usb loaders and there is not much difference in hacking

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jackopeng said:
Hey guys im pretty new around here and new to the Wii hacking scence so i got a few questions.

1) Does the black Wii have any sort of data encryption on it to prevent it being hacked? and does it come with 4.2 installed straight off the bat?

2) Can i use something like an external HDD to load my games off or would i need a SD Card or something? (something as big as a HDD would be much easier)

3) How diffcult is it to actually Hack a Wii? I'd be completely new so you guys would have to help meh
tongue.gif

Thanks!
1. AFAIK the black Wiis have a special drive in them which prevent you from loading DVD-Rs of any kind. That's how it was even with my new white Wii. I would also guess that they would come with 4.2 firmware.
2. You can use an external HDD to load your ISOs.
3. Well, if you're good at reading directions VERY CAREFULLY, use this guide and you'll be able to hack your Wii, regardless of firmware.

jackopeng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i looked at that guide and im confused about this part,

*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
Then proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
*End.*

I assume that if the black Wii is already 4.2 i shouldnt have to do this right?
Also will any External HDD work just as it would an SD card?

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was actually gonna start a new thread to ask the same thing since I´m considering selling my white Wii for a black one.

So, what you are basically saying that only the USB / SD loaders work and not the Disc channels? That´s good enough for me.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
ahh sweet one more question it has to be a USB External HDD right?
Yes.

Also, if you want to use discs, you can replace the D3-2 drive with a D2B for $69 or so. Search for replacement wii D2B drives and you'll find loads of them.

jackopeng

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah thats cool i was actually thinking of buying an External HDD anyways for school work and such so this is just another excuse :)

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want a black wii too but I am just buying the outer case in black and transferring the internal components. I think the only thing I wont have in black is the pwr/reset/eject button if I do that method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: