Looking To Buy A Black Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jackopeng, Dec 6, 2009.

Dec 6, 2009

Looking To Buy A Black Wii by jackopeng at 6:15 PM (1,593 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. jackopeng
    OP

Newcomer jackopeng Member

United Kingdom
    Hey guys im pretty new around here and new to the Wii hacking scence so i got a few questions.

1) Does the black Wii have any sort of data encryption on it to prevent it being hacked? and does it come with 4.2 installed straight off the bat?

2) Can i use something like an external HDD to load my games off or would i need a SD Card or something? (something as big as a HDD would be much easier)

3) How diffcult is it to actually Hack a Wii? I'd be completely new so you guys would have to help meh [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    You can't mod it with previous gen modchips and you can't use backup launchers (with backup dvds I mean)

I think they work ok with usb loaders and there is not much difference in hacking

3. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    1. AFAIK the black Wiis have a special drive in them which prevent you from loading DVD-Rs of any kind. That's how it was even with my new white Wii. I would also guess that they would come with 4.2 firmware.
    2. You can use an external HDD to load your ISOs.
    3. Well, if you're good at reading directions VERY CAREFULLY, use this guide and you'll be able to hack your Wii, regardless of firmware.

4. jackopeng
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok i looked at that guide and im confused about this part,

*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
    IOS70-64-v6687.wad
    & System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]
    Then proceed to install the remaining 36 different IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
    *End.*

I assume that if the black Wii is already 4.2 i shouldnt have to do this right?
    Also will any External HDD work just as it would an SD card?

5. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    IF the Wii is version 4.2, skip the Update to 4.2 section completely and go right to Modify 4.2.

6. jackopeng
    OP

United Kingdom
    ahh sweet one more question it has to be a USB External HDD right?

7. MysticX

Newcomer MysticX Member

Iceland
    I was actually gonna start a new thread to ask the same thing since I´m considering selling my white Wii for a black one.

So, what you are basically saying that only the USB / SD loaders work and not the Disc channels? That´s good enough for me.

8. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes.

Also, if you want to use discs, you can replace the D3-2 drive with a D2B for $69 or so. Search for replacement wii D2B drives and you'll find loads of them.

9. jackopeng
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nah thats cool i was actually thinking of buying an External HDD anyways for school work and such so this is just another excuse :)

10. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I want a black wii too but I am just buying the outer case in black and transferring the internal components. I think the only thing I wont have in black is the pwr/reset/eject button if I do that method.