Hacking Looking to buy a 3DS flash card but I have some questions.

mckenziesdaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 2 3DS XL running firmware 9.5.0-23U, I seen from this thread

That the only flash carts working on that firmware are: Sky3DS,QQ3DS,K3DS, and finally R5.

Is that List still correct? Because I seen
R4i Gold 3DS supports the newest 3DS V9.5.0-23 directly ! (2015-03-03) posted over at http://r4ids.cn/news.htm.

So what currently is the best flash card, I can buy with me being on 9.5.0-23U? Thank you for your time.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 2 choices. Either Gateway or sky. Everything else is a clone

Gateway works on 9.2 and below and is by far the superior cart

Sky works on everything up to current release (9.5) but that's the only thing it has going for it. It's inferior compared to gateway.

Reactions: Liberty

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I currently have 2 3DS XL running firmware 9.5.0-23U, I seen from this thread
For firmware >9.2 you can only use Sky3DS or one of its clones. That's sad, because Gateway is just the superior product.

Sky3DS allows you to play ROMs of your region (e.g. PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J), but you can't install eShop-content (digital games, DLC, ...) , updates (without eShop), CIA-files in general, etc.

In addition there's always the chance that Sky3DS might be blocked in the future. With Gateway you basically duplicate your system firmware and can mess around with this so called EmuNAND as you like.

Create a backup. Something doesn't work? Reinstall backup!

Reactions: Adeka

mckenziesdaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For firmware >9.2 you can only use Sky3DS or one of its clones. That's sad, because Gateway is just the superior product.

Sky3DS allows you to play ROMs of your region (e.g. PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J), but you can't install eShop-content (digital games, DLC, ...) , updates (without eShop), CIA-files in general, etc.

In addition there's always the chance that Sky3DS might be blocked in the future. With Gateway you basically duplicate your system firmware and can mess around with this so called EmuNAND as you like.

Create a backup. Something doesn't work? Reinstall backup!

So what would your recommond? buy 2 sky3ds for now? and then unplug my 3DS's from the updating, And when my firmware is supported by a gateway? Also what is the easiest why to play DS games on a 3DS now too.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what would your recommond? buy 2 sky3ds for now? and then unplug my 3DS's from the updating, And when my firmware is supported by a gateway? Also what is the easiest why to play DS games on a 3DS now too.

Sky is all you can use right now. It's not known when or even if Gateway will ever support about 9.2. It took like 2 years for them to support anything past 4.5.

Easiest way to play DS games on a 3DS is DSTWO. There are other cards that still work, but that one is always good.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell your 3ds xls and buy two more at 9.2 and under.

If both of the 3ds xls are in the same household then you just need one gateway cart.

Reactions: Liberty

mckenziesdaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky is all you can use right now. It's not known when or even if Gateway will ever support about 9.2. It took like 2 years for them to support anything past 4.5.

Easiest way to play DS games on a 3DS is DSTWO. There are other cards that still work, but that one is always good.

Do you know a good place to order sky? I used to use realhotstuff, But it seems like they are no longer around. What place would you recommend to someone in the USA.

mckenziesdaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell your 3ds xls and buy two more at 9.2 and under.

If both of the 3ds xls are in the same household then you just need one gateway cart.

Do you know a good place to order sky? I used to use realhotstuff, But it seems like they are no longer around. What place would you recommend to someone in the USA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou