Hacking Looking N3DSXL flash cart to play original DS games

AnotherGills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to purchase a New 3DS XL for my little brother, as his DS lite broke. However, some of his original DS games have also broken. Is there any flash carts available that would work with the New 3DS solely for original DS games?

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have r4i gold 3ds and it works fine in 3ds xl.
What I will like to know if someone have try this flashcard
in the new 3ds with latest firmware 9.5 anyone knows?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talking about the upcoming New 3DS XL.

I have not seen any news on New 3DS and flash card support for the US models as there not out yet and may differ from other region releases. So I don't wanna feed you false info, If your looking to play 3DS games SKY3DS Will most likely be your best bet as its working on other region NEW 3DS's, For a card that plays DS games on the New 3DS I want to say Get DSTWO "BUT" I have not seen any hard evidence it works on it.

If anyone wants to correct me please do so.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchipsdirect (now that RHS has been shut down).
No DSTWO but good for the r4

I have not seen any news on New 3DS and flash card support for the US models as there not out yet and may differ from other region releases. So I don't wanna feed you false info, If your looking to play 3DS games SKY3DS Will most likely be your best bet as its working on other region NEW 3DS's, For a card that plays DS games on the New 3DS I want to say Get DSTWO "BUT" I have not seen any hard evidence it works on it.

If anyone wants to correct me please do so.
Reports are both r4 and DSTWO work on N3DS but you are correct that is not based on US region.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4i-SDHC RTS that still works fine on my 9.5 XL, and works on my 9.2 N3DS (which I won't be updating to 9.5, but I assume it should work)

It seems to be one of the less popular cards, so I'm guessing it completely fell off Nintendo's radar for cards to (attempt to) block out, so I'm feeling pretty good about future proofing. I had a SuperCard but I don't recommend it since it has a SoC which drains battery a bit faster than the standard cards, and chances are you don't need the extra functionality, and price, that it adds

AnotherGills

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a R4i-SDHC RTS that still works fine on my 9.5 XL, and works on my 9.2 N3DS (which I won't be updating to 9.5, but I assume it should work)

It seems to be one of the less popular cards, so I'm guessing it completely fell off Nintendo's radar for cards to (attempt to) block out, so I'm feeling pretty good about future proofing. I had a SuperCard but I don't recommend it since it has a SoC which drains battery a bit faster than the standard cards, and chances are you don't need the extra functionality, and price, that it adds
Yeah I'm not looking for anything special. My brother doesn't do any hacking and whatnot.
He just wants a cart to play his broken games.

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the DS flashcart comparison chart to include the 2DS and New3DS if that's any help.

Based on what people said in the forum, I just copied and pasted the line for yes or no on the 3DS to the 2DS and New3DS.

Also I'm sure that there hasn't been a firmware update that blocks a flashcart for one region only, so the tests on the EU and JPN New3DS should apply to the upcoming NA systems.

Post of video showing R4i on 9.5 (Claims to work on all 3DS systems also)
Post saying R4i works on New3DS 9.2
Pics of DSTWO on EU New3DS 9.5

So as far as I know, every flashcart that works on the 3DS / XL and 2DS will work perfectly fine on the New3DS / XL (except for some stuff like Gateway on New3DS 9.5)

Edit: I'd recommend the R4i Gold over the DSTWO if you are looking to just play DS games, it's cheaper and it can play Mario 64 DS hacks with no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1