Looking for wii u gamepad for sale

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Edgard C., Aug 4, 2013.

1. Edgard C.
    OP

Edgard C. Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    Hello,
    I am looking for someone that have a wii u with a gamepad that you don't want anymore for sale. I don't care if isn't working (the wii U)
    All I need is the gamepad because I bought a wii u on ebay for cheap without any accesories.
    I've been searching for this thing everywhere with no luck, and Nintendo wants to charge me 150.00 for it. I think that's too much for only the gamepad.
    Please, if anyone have one I can pay thorugh paypal.
    Thanks!

2. tronic307

tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    The OP in this thread should have an extra GamePad. Nintendo refuses to fix his Wii U, so he bought one used.

3. Edgard C.
    OP

Edgard C. Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    Thanks man. I already asked him. I hope he can sell it to me.

4. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    If I had an extra, I wouldn't sell it. Eventually, the Wii U will support 2 gamepads, so I'd keep it.

5. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    It already does support two gamepads, iirc. It's just that none of the games available in the USA utilize two gamepads yet.

6. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Well by support, I mean actually be useful with games that use it. I wouldn't be surprised if it also needed a minor update.

7. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

If I recall correctly Nintendo clearly stated they would add support for two gamepads later on. :o Or am I wrong?

8. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    No idea. This is just what I remember them saying around launch.

9. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

Ah okay, I remember them saying that they would 'unlock' this feature in a later update, I could be wrong though ^_^

10. Edgard C.
    OP

Edgard C. Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    I heard the same thing too. As of right now, they are selling gamepads but they want 150.00 for them. I am willing to wait until they drop the price, (I hope). I can still play games on the vWii thought.

11. tronic307

tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    The GamePad is about as epic as an arcade fighting stick, which costs the same, so the value is justified. It's has at least twice the value of two Xbox 360 pads, which brings us to $100, or two Wiimote/Nunchuck sets for $120. I'd just get it over with, unless you paid over $200 for the controllerless Wii U.

12. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    It baffles me why you would buy a system without the pad in the first place, but there does seem to be some pad only listings on ebay. One is only at around 52$ right now.

13. Slartibartfast42

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    150 is their, you broke yours, now you're stuck, and have to pay our ransom price. Later, when they are trying to encourage people to buy a 2nd optional controller, they are going to have to reduce the price down to $70, maybe $80, or else no one would buy them. What they should so, is sell a Wii U Play type of game with the gamepad bundled, for like $100. That way, they get a casual, almost party type game, that was designed from the ground up to support 2 gamepads. People would buy that to show off the system. Then, they could also use the 2nd gamepad for the more serious games. If they do this and drop the price $100 on the Wii U system, by Christmas season 2014, it will sell like hot cakes. That's what people are waiting for, that plus all the good games that will also be out by then.