Looking for translators to help on some Japanese XBOX titles!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by MrRichard999, Aug 26, 2016.

1. MrRichard999
    OP

MrRichard999 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2013
    United States
    Currently got a few projects with translating the few Japanese XBOX titles and am in need of translation help. Any volunteers? :D

Currently am working on Thousand Land, Wild Rings, and J-Phoenix+

2. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    Japanese and Xbox...does not compute

MrRichard999 and NutymcNuty like this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Nice, been wondering what there might be to the original xbox in need of translation.

By all means make a request thread but generally you are going to want to show that you can hack too. It does not matter if you put lorem ipsum in there, just that you show modded text in the game and maybe discuss a bit about what was necessary to do that.

Similarly what iso standards are you playing to? Scene, file level rips, 360 redumps...? I imagine most would be doing this on original xbox hardware but that still affords a few options.

4. MrRichard999
    OP

MrRichard999 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2013
    United States
    I didn't notice I got a reply to this, just set my alerts up. I wasn't planning on doing an 360 stuff at the moment but I am interested in a few of the Xbox foreign titles that are out. I got a few projects going on and am finishing up Wild Rings right now. I should take some camera shots of what I got but I started doing some small stuff too on Shin Megami Tensei NINE too. I do really want to finish up Thousand Land and I have all the text dumped for that one.

Currently these are up on Romhack if you want to check out a sample of whats going on.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=tra...d=12&perpage=20&title=&author=&transsearch=Go

Last edited by MrRichard999, Sep 18, 2016
    Wantija likes this.
  5. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Wow, cool stuff. Xbox or 360 in general doesn't seem to have much in the way of a community these days. Will watch this thread.

6. Wantija

Wantija Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2014
    Canada
    It's great that you're interested in translating Original Xbox games, I've wanted to translate/play Thousand Land and C.A.T Cyber Attack Team although I don't know Japanese :P I'm assuming SMT NINE would be a very lengthy translation?

7. MrRichard999
    OP

MrRichard999 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2013
    United States
    Wrapping up Wild Rings right now. Thousand Land will be next. After that should be SMT NINE. I got a little bit of it started already but that one will take some time..