1. miner49er236

OP miner49er236 Newbie
    Newcomer

Uganda
    Hello GBA Temp.

Can you help me remember the name of a good GBA game from ~ 10 years ago? I remember what it looks like and how the game went, but not the name. It was very fun and I would like to replay it.

I will try to describe it the best that I can:

It is a world progression / boss fighting game where you can pick your character in the beginning of the game. There were around 5-7 characters to choose from and who you picked changed how you fought. Some classes I remember were ninja, mage, knight, bruiser etc.

The game was set in a fantasy kingdom in which the King was having some kind of tourny for the best fighters. In the beginning of the game your character enters the tounry, but something bad happens and the King is betrayed by one of of his best knights (maybe his daughter is kidnapped as well).

I remember the first boss you face is some kind of troll bandit. I also remember the main evil knight was a centaur.

Monsters also had a chance to drop these cards when they were defeated. I'm not sure if they did anything.

There was also some kind of forging system where you could collect raw material and create swords and armor.

I think this should be enough for someone to recognize the game if they played it. I can try to think up more things if its needed.

Thanks!

2. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Guardian Heroes Advance?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Sounds like a beat em up game for the gba.. You should check the pictures section in the gba list from gamefaqs.com.

4. miner49er236

OP miner49er236 Newbie
    Newcomer

Uganda
    I remember it XD.

It was Shining Soul for GBA. Check it out if you haven't played it. Fun game.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Technically the game I was describing was Shining Soul II.

DinohScene likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Case closed then Sherlock! ;)

6. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Glad you found the name of your game. I'm just writing to say I like the username you chose. Anyone who makes a reference to Miner2049er in his handle should be praised. :grog:

7. miner49er236

OP miner49er236 Newbie
    Newcomer

Uganda
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yea... miner 49er... great game... stunning.. err... graphics..:unsure::unsure::unsure:

8. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Miner 2049er on which platform? Everyone knows the TI99/4A version was the greatest.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Looking, title,