Looking for someone who could backup the savegame of a 3DS game for me (Germany)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tennin, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Tennin
    OP

Tennin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The long title says it all. ^_^ I just want someone to backup the savegame of a game of mine. I want to gift the game to a friend, but don't want to lose all the progress I made (for someday later). Also, like the title and the country flag beneath my username says, I live in Germany.

I would send the game with the postage in some form to ship it back. If someone's interested, I could also sell some games on the occasion (I have some for PS3, Xbox 360 and DS), but that's just by the way.

Edit:
    I'm specifically looking for someone with a New 3DS with the NTR CFW, since I need a decrypted savegame. I know this probably narrows my chances to find someone down by a lot, but that's how it is.

Edit 2:
    Apparantly, someone with Gateway can do it too, but it's more complicated:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Margen67 likes this.

2. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    I would help you, but at the cost of shipping whatever game it is to where I live and back, you might as well buy a used copy of the same game.

Good luck in your search. :)

3. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    just order a copy and ship it to your friend?

4. Tennin
    OP

Tennin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This would cost me 35€ (basically the same in Dollar). So why should I buy a new game if I could just give him mine? The cost for shipping the game to someone for backing up my savegame and back would be just 3€. :rolleyes:

5. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    Just out of curiosity, why are you not backing it up yourself? The tools are readily available (NTR firmware, SDF) and free to use.

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    I'm in Berlin, Germany right now (flag under name is old). If you happen to be in the city we can meet up over the weekend, otherwise you can mail it to me. Send me a PM.

7. Tennin
    OP

Tennin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Someone I wrote to here on the board said something similar. I was under the impression that you absolutely have to use a Flashcard in the process. Didn't have time yet to read about it, so if you have a good tutorial you could share I'd be thankful.

Thanks for the offer. :) I can't meet you, since I'm not living near Berlin, but I'll keep it in mind if I have to mail the game.

8. Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 25, 2014
    Cuba
    the save data is signed by cart so if you want to use that save again and gift the card you shold do a cart-dump and a Save-Dump with Gateway and then use the dump as 3dz with gateway and put the save in the SD Card.
    What I mean is that you cannot use a save-data from a retail cart in other diferent retail cart

Option B: SaveDataFiler, but the game should be older than OFW4.5

9. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    My Nintendo works for Dad
    This is the savegame plugin for NTR which allows you to backup savegames from retail cartridges.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...in-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/page-7#post-5434970

You need to run it with NTR 2.2 if you're on a New 3DS https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/page-21#post-5455097

Or NTR 1.0 if you're on an old 3ds. Couldn't find a link on the spot, though.

10. Fil o_O

Fil o_O GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Some folks do have funny ideas...

11. ubergeek77

ubergeek77 Post editing world champ.

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Whoever volunteers to do this is going to need to know which game it is first. Not everyone will be able to dump a >6.x game, as the requirements for NTR 2.2 are fairly specific.

So could you tell us what game it is?

12. Retr0Capez

Retr0Capez GBATemp's Official Evil Genius

Feb 4, 2015
    United States
    In my vision of the perfect world ruled by me
    Dammit. If I still lived in Germany I would.

13. retrospect

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
    You can also get little USB devices for backing up 3DS and DS game saves.

14. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

But they will be tied to that particular cartridge.

15. Tennin
    OP

Tennin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, I actually found someone who can do it on the first day I started this thread, but it wasn't completely clear then if he could do it. :) I have no access to a 3DS with a FW of 9.2 or below, so I have to send the game to someone now. ^_^

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll send a PM regarding this to the user I mentioned. Also, it's Super Smash Bros.

Well, still good to know that there's friendly people here. ;) But you should change your country then.

Out of curiosity: can you link one?

16. retrospect

retrospect GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2008
  17. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Im selling an R4i Save dongle for 10 through Ebay if your interested

18. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
  19. Tennin
    OP

Tennin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The user who's going to backup the save for me said he'll use Powersaves3DS.

Um... I can't access the first link ("You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.") and the second link is for Candy Cigarettes. :mellow:

Thanks for the info, didn't know about this. :)

20. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

Like said in the quote, a backup with powersaves or a save dongle will be useless without the exact cart it came from. You need someone with a N3DS on 9.0~9.2 to use NTR, or maybe the gateway method but I'm not familiar with that for card1 games.