Hacking Looking for someone to install my wiikey

sublime311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Preferably in the north west of england (Cheshire, stoke that area) so I can deliver / pick up in person. But certainly in England somewhere.

I don't want to pay more than £30 including postage, and I've burnt my pads so I can't soft mod it. Can anyone help?

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could talk to williewonka on the cheapmod.com forums. i think 30 quid inc postage is gonna be difficult to find someone who will do it for that price.

sublime311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well postage is only £10-15. £15 to install 6 wires and solder them is a bargain imo. If I had the equipment i'd do it.

pandas0nic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well if i knew i had the ability to mod my wii, but lacked the equipment, i would rather invest in the equipment and do it myself, as i did myself already. I wouldn't want to put the console in anyone elses hands for this purpose. The neccescary equipment isnt _that_ expensive and will only serve you in good stead for future modding projects aswell as anything else.

edit: also if you have no equipment, how did you already burn the pads ?
wink2.gif
or do you not mean the pads on the modchip itself
huh.gif

sublime311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Had/have a soldering iron but it's so crap it didn't work properly and only the edge of the rod was hot, not the tip. cue me trying to use the edge. I know it was stupid of me and i'm paying the price now :/

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
how bad did you mess up the pads? postage for you wii is only £6.recorded.
if you lifted the pads then its harder to fix. i lifted no6 pad on my wii when i first modded it back in december. still working fine now! i live south b,ham an would do it for £30 m8. just send me a pm if you want

thehive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Given that you've botched the install so badly by tearing off two pads, I'd be surprised if anyone will fix this for £30 inc. shipping. However, you did say that you have soldering experience, so why not just get a cheap low watt soldering iron and fix it yourself? Maplin sell them for less than £15.

sublime311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3 pads actually
tongue.gif
And the pads don't need to be replaced, the chip can be installed onto the controller. I don't want to risk it. I probably could, but since I'm by no means an expert at it, I can easily see me getting solder on more than one leg and completely fucking it up.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this will not be an easy job, there are some people on wiinewz which have fixed this type of wii before, they even post pictures of it, so you can see how well they can do it
smile.gif

sublime311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's NOT broke. That's it. Now I know that the tracks can be traced back to the controller chip next to it. And then the corresponding points can be soldered onto those legs. It's a pretty delicate job though and one I'd rather not do myself.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah sheesh.. i have a radio shack 15watt I've been using to do installs in ps2's and whatnot, it has worked fine and I actually have done better installs for other people than my own. But I know.... I need to go to fry's and buy a real iron, instead of this radio shack crap. They sell weller there and they aren't that expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte