Hacking Looking for someone to give me a quick info rundown

Pall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my current situation is that I have just installed Homebrew Channel using the Indiana Pwns exploit, and I am just at a loss for where to go from here.

If anyone could just tell me what my next steps are, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Basically I just am trying to run my game backups on my wii through a USB stick.

Thanks
smile.gif

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Under the wii hacking section, read the sticky, it explains everything
its called something like "Modify any wii 4.3 and below"

Pall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I'm at a loss, I know it's here somewhere I just can't figure it out, what do I do once I have installed HBC on my Black Wii? All I want to do is run backups from a USB device, can someone just help me, not with a link to a guide.

afdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is highly recommended you do a little more work and use a guide. They are written precisely for your insurance of safely doing these things. With just starting out, you definitely need a guide to follow. Its for your own good. This is not to be harsh, but its to save you from bricking your wii should you perform a procedure wrong. Please use a guide, they are invaluable.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
First off, download NUSD(click downloads in the bar above, you'll be taken to filetrip, the search for nusd and grab the latest one)

(if you have wifi on your wii, skip down a bit)
OFFLINE TRUCHA BUG RESTORING:
1.Run NUS Downloader. Check Pack -> wad at the bottom (It will say '-NUS-[v].wad' in the box now).

We need to download some files now:

Quick usage guide, in case you haven't used NUS Downloader before:
Go to database and Navigate to the places below. Once you did this, click "Start NUS Download" and let it finish, then go to the next one.

* NUS (IOS > IOS 36 > v3351 &WAD)

Once you downloaded the IOS, go to the folder where you extracted the NUS downloader and you will see a new folder:
* 0000000100000024v3351

Open this folder and you will find a wad file in it (if not, you did something wrong above). Copy this wad file to the root of the SD card. (aka: not in any folder).

Unplug ALL Gamecube hardware (Controllers and memory cards) before starting!

1. put the downloaded ios 236 installer in the apps folder on the sd card.

2. Launch the Homebrew Channel and Run the IOS236 Installer.

3. Wait a little while and a message will appear, press 1 to continue.

4. It will say "Getting IOS36 revision 3351...". You will need to choose where to get this IOS from.
when you have internet): Choose Download IOS from NUS (2 times left/right)
no wifi? use above ios you downloaded and choose Load IOS from SD Card.
5. Press A to start the installation and let it install (won't take long).

Let the installation finish and press any key to go back to the HBC.

now if you want USB loaders you have to install cios first. I recommend Cios249 rev17 for first timers.

put your cios installer in the apps folder, boot it, press A and when it asks you what to use to install the cIOS, use ios 236. wait till this finishes and you're done!

Now we need a backup loader.

Usbloader cfg, as always, put in the apps folder. now you have usbloader!

This covers all the steps on the wii itself. however, you still need the wii backup file manager to use your stick!

open up wii backup file manager with your usb stick in the computer. click tools, then click format drives. choose your usb and format as wbfs. now you can use your usb stick! use wii backup manager if you have any isos on your computer, or if you want backups from original discs, press PLUS on the wiimote to install to wbfs from disc.

I hope this helped
wink.gif

Pall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im following the guide in the Wii Hacking section, at the part talking about NAND backup. When I launch bootmii through homebrew channel, it is just a black screen, nothing happens when I press buttons and I have to reset it by holding down the power button.

Pall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which files should I have on the SD card from the Hackmii installer? All I have on there right now is the boot.dol

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
make sure your files are correctly organized in your SD card and that the folder it's this way:
Code:
SD:/Apps/BootMii/
*In this folder you should have the following files* 
boot.dol
icon.png
meta.xml

*Make sure thse files have these names and they are in the Apps/BootMii folder*
If that stills doesn't work try to run the HackMii Installer again and select prepare SD for BootMii and follow the instructions then go to the Hombre Channel and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo