Hacking Looking for someone to downgrade my O3DS XL

Shadowheart 117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS XL on 11.0.0-33U and a gateway, I am looking for someone to downgrade my DS and possibly install the gateway, because I have absolutely no idea where to start. Obviously I would offer compensation and ship it to you if necessary, or if you could Skype and show me how step by step that would be great. Thanks for listening

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway isn't something you install, it's a flashcart.

I think what your asking for is for someone to install arm9loader for you. My advice would be to send it to someone to have it downgraded and if you have the extra cash pay them to install arm9loader too.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS XL on 11.0.0-33U and a gateway, I am looking for someone to downgrade my DS and possibly install the gateway, because I have absolutely no idea where to start. Obviously I would offer compensation and ship it to you if necessary, or if you could Skype and show me how step by step that would be great. Thanks for listening
http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/ :P
@hundshamer or @vb_encryption_vb Should be of help since by your flag country were all in usa :)

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Shadowheart 117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway isn't something you install, it's a flashcart.

I think what your asking for is for someone to install arm9loader for you. My advice would be to send it to someone to have it downgraded and if you have the extra cash pay them to install arm9loader too.
As I said, I'm totally new and have no idea what to do or where to start, I just want to be able to be able to play pokemon x and oras randomized

Last edited by Shadowheart 117,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I'm totally new and have no idea what to do or where to start, I just want to be able to be able to pay pokemon x and oras randomized
Nothing is stopping you from paying for the games whether you want to buy physically at a retail store or from the eShop if your a digital collector. Since your on the latest firmware you won't have to worry about being blocked off.

D

Deleted User

But you want to pay for them again? I'm really confused what your asking for here.
He said he wants to play Pokémon X and ORAS randomized (which is a ROM hack you most certainly can't do on official software).

Not quite sure where the confusion is coming from

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he wants to play Pokémon X and ORAS randomized (which is a ROM hack you most certainly can't do on official software).

Not quite sure where the confusion is coming from
He said he wanted to pay for them. Read again.

I want to play hacked versions of them

I want to play hacked versions of them
If that's all you want then you can do that with basic homebrew. You just need a game for an entry point and a way to inject the hack saved. From there you can use HANS for game modding.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did read, and it was obviously a typo, not sure if you're being pedantic or genuinely didn't realize that.
So am I to assume you are a mind reader that knows everyone's intentions over the Internet?

Maybe he wanted to pay for games without updating his system, don't be an ass.

D

Deleted User

So am I to assume you are a mind reader that knows everyone's intentions over the Internet?

Maybe he wanted to pay for games without updating his system, don't be an ass.
No, just someone who can recognize obvious typos. The thing straight after "pay" was "Pokemon X and ORAS randomized" - Pokemon X Randomised and Pokemon ORAS Randomised are ROM hacks, you don't pay for them, therefore he meant "play" rather than "pay".

Also he said he had the latest system software so the "Maybe he wanted to pay for games without updating his system" idea doesn't really make much sense.

Not trying to be an ass, just thought you were trying to be one and being nitpicky over a typo. That wasn't the case, evidently, just pointing out what he meant.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just someone who can recognize obvious typos. The thing straight after "pay" was "Pokemon X and ORAS randomized" - Pokemon X Randomised and Pokemon ORAS Randomised are ROM hacks, you don't pay for them, therefore he meant "play" rather than "pay".

Also he said he had the latest system software so the "Maybe he wanted to pay for games without updating his system" idea doesn't really make much sense.

Not trying to be an ass, just thought you were trying to be one and being nitpicky over a typo. That wasn't the case, evidently, just pointing out what he meant.
Thats fair, just trying to help out someone whos starting out in the homebrew scene.

I was there at one point deciding whether to update or not cause there was some games on the eShop I really wanted but by doing so I would lose homebrew access. This was before emuNAND and arm9loader so I figured the TC was in the same predicament but I guess I'm wrong.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Thats fair, just trying to help out someone whos starting out in the homebrew scene.

I was there at one point deciding whether to update or not cause there was some games on the eShop I really wanted but by doing so I would lose homebrew access. This was before emuNAND and arm9loader so I figured the TC was in the same predicament but I guess I'm wrong.
Me too - apologies if I came off arrogant/insulting, that certainly wasn't my intention, although reading back I can kinda see it...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RemixDeluxe Well i just tagged you right now, but i don't remember tagging you before or editing it. So i dunno. :unsure:
Also i don't think Hans use update data like it should. I tried to use it to take screen shots of a game and the dlc wasn't recognized cause the update content needed to enable dlc wasn't loaded and such. So it mostly works for games with no update content required my opinion. But if the hack games can somehow add update content to the hack along with the mods itself or if sometime hans get updated to use updates that would be good. :)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vouch for @vb_encryption_vb if you need someone to hardmod for. I never had business with him but if the alternative is Hundshamer then I'd feel safer with VB. No offense hunds.

At the same time, if all you care about is game modding then you dont need to downgrade at all. Just get Ocarina of Time 3D or any other exploitable game title with a DS card reader and you can run basic homebrew for your modding needs as I said earlier.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users