Hardware Looking for someone in Seattle to DSiDowngrade my N3DS

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SpacePancakes You still looking for someone local to help with a DSiWare Downgrade? I just did 3 n3DSXL's last week, two of them are ready to system transfer Fieldrunners out again now (No NNID linked on them, just the game/ticket itself, so there's no need to transfer anything back afterward.) Let me know if you're interested.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also fwiw, I've got a cart for oot3dhax as well, so I can get your 11.1.0 system down to 9.2 and you can follow the Plailect guide from there using the web exploits on your own to get A9LH.

Last edited by ksanislo,

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SpacePancakes You still looking for someone local to help with a DSiWare Downgrade? I just did 3 n3DSXL's last week, two of them are ready to system transfer Fieldrunners out again now (No NNID linked on them, just the game/ticket itself, so there's no need to transfer anything back afterward.) Let me know if you're interested.

Also fwiw, I've got a cart for oot3dhax as well, so I can get your 11.1.0 system down to 9.2 and you can follow the Plailect guide from there using the web exploits on your own to get A9LH.

Sounds good but I still need someone to give me a straight answer for 1 question… Is 11.1.0 downgradable with OoTHax? If it is downgradable can I install A9LH and Luma CFW?

Edit: I'm sorry if I seem untrusting but this is my only 3DS and I don't want to do anything to brick it.

Last edited by Deleted member 400504,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good but I still need someone to give me a straight answer for 1 question… Is 11.1.0 downgradable with OoTHax? If it is downgradable can I install A9LH and Luma CFW?

Edit: I'm sorry if I seem untrusting but this is my only 3DS and I don't want to do anything to brick it.
Hardmod only. Other option is update to 11.1 and DSiWarehax. No other way.

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for your help! :D

My 3ds is now on 11.1

When and where would you like to meet?
Do I need to do anything to my N3DS XL before we meet?

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, the DSiWare Downgrade requires a pre-hacked console to set up the savegame and transfer it to the unmodded console, this is what I can do for you. You'll need to be on 11.1.0 to do the transfer, and when you're finished with the DSiWare portion, you'll be on 11.1.0 with a 10.4.0 NATIVEFIRM, so svchax can operate again (This is how sysDonwgrader gets title install permissions without the version checks introduced in the 11.0.0 NATIVEFIRM)

From there you can use oot3dhax to open homebrew and load the downgrade utility, which can bump you down to 9.2.0, where everything works again including ARM9 access, and you can follow the guide to perform a CTRTRANSFER to firmware 2.1.0, dump your OTP, install A9LH, and eventually (after restoring/transfering a 9.2 image again) upgrade all the way back up to 11.1 with A9LH installed. The guide covers all of this, you really just need a prehacked console to transfer you the DSiWare downgrade save, and a way to start sysDowngrader.

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the DSiWare Downgrade requires a pre-hacked console to set up the savegame and transfer it to the unmodded console, this is what I can do for you. You'll need to be on 11.1.0 to do the transfer, and when you're finished with the DSiWare portion, you'll be on 11.1.0 with a 10.4.0 NATIVEFIRM, so svchax can operate again (This is how sysDonwgrader gets title install permissions without the version checks introduced in the 11.0.0 NATIVEFIRM)

From there you can use oot3dhax to open homebrew and load the downgrade utility, which can bump you down to 9.2.0, where everything works again including ARM9 access, and you can follow the guide to perform a CTRTRANSFER to firmware 2.1.0, dump your OTP, install A9LH, and eventually (after restoring/transfering a 9.2 image again) upgrade all the way back up to 11.1 with A9LH installed. The guide covers all of this, you really just need a prehacked console to transfer you the DSiWare downgrade save, and a way to start sysDowngrader.

Sounds good to me, once you're done getting my console pre-hacked I can follow the Plailect guide oh installing A9LH.

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Wait,you mean you can just restore nand and can use the same copy if field runners again? I thought it would move to the target unit.

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait,you mean you can just restore nand and can use the same copy if field runners again? I thought it would move to the target unit.
It does move to the target, I'd purchased multiple copies of field runners on 3 different freshly formatted systems without NNID, so I could knock out a set of downgrades all at once before 11.1.0 dropped, in case they had actually blocked the NATIVE_FIRM known-plaintext attack. So, now I've got spare copies to transfer away for others to downgrade with, and they can transfer them along for the next person.

Also, for this reason @SpacePancakes, make sure you save a copy of that first nand backup you make while on 9.2 before downgrading further... and then after you're totally finished with the guide, and you've upgraded to 11.1.0 again, do a system format so you cycle to a new ID different from the backup.

Reason being, if you ever need to send that copy of FieldRunners out, you can use Emunand9 to turn that 9.2 backup into an emunand, then do the system transfer from there. It'll keep you from losing all of the work you put into your normal sysnand setup that has all your games and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol no Gigabytes per song