Looking for someone in Seattle to DSiDowngrade my N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SpacePancakes, Sep 14, 2016.

1. SpacePancakes
    OP

SpacePancakes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm looking for someone in Seattle to DSidowngrade my N3DS XL because I don't want to hardmod(no soldering skills, scared, and not enough money) and I don't have my own 3DS/have a friends 3DS with a cfw already installed.

My N3DS XL is running the 11.0.0 firmware.

I want to meet in a public place when the downgrade is preformed.(For your safety and mine.)

I will purchase the necessary game to downgrade if needed.

Lastly I want to know if I will be able to keep all my 3ds data(I.E. Game data, dlc, ect…).

If you're willing to DSiDowngrade my N3DS XL please post a comment here and send me a PM.

2. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Hey, just a heads up. There is a new firmware version out (11.1), and for now September 13 2016 - access to the Homebrew launcher through all exploits has been killed/stopped. This doesn't stop the system transfer, it just prevents installation of custom firmware/A9LH.

Secondly, the two games are eshop only titles. If the person downgrading your system has a NAND copy with it on and no NNID, it's possible to DSiWare downgrade with that NAND backup.

The DSiWare downgrade needs system transfer, which needs a stable hotspot. Don't use a mobile hotspot to do the downgrade - it's freaking headache inducing.

When the new ropbin/homebrew launcher drops, we will again be able to extract your save data from your system. With that, we can install your games again as cias, and then manually import the saves one by one. You can log into your NNID, which means your can get your paid dlcs again.

3. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Alright, thanks for the heads up. Is there any way I can keep this thread alive for when it does become possible to install A9LH and CFWs again?

4. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Isn't it possible to use a homebrew on 11.0 (like httpwn or whatever) to still use the eShop and buy that DSiware game in order to do the downgrade?

Not sure about the system transfer portion though. Never actually used that method.

5. astrangeone

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    You need the game and the ability to inject a hacked save on it. It's sort of a more complicated version of any secondary exploit game. And it's saved on the NAND so it has access to the NAND.

6. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I'm back and I'm confusing myself thinking about this right now.

Am I still able to atleast get the downgrade done right now or do I have to wait for a new homebrew hax to come out to do that too?

7. astrangeone

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Some homebrew hax are fixed - Freakyhax/OoT3DHax and SteelHax. I've just done the downgrade with OoT3DHax and it works. Just need to finish the 9.20 portion.

8. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    How much of the downgrade is possible at the moment then? Is it back up and running as long as you have one of those fixed hax?

9. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Correct.

10. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Thank you! I own a digital version of OoT so I can get hax. All I need is an Oot hax guide/tutorial now. Thread opened again

11. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    No, digital won't work. I might be wrong, but i think im right.

12. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    New question then, Can I update my N3DS XL to 11.1 to access the eshop and download steel divers subwars for steelhax and still be able to do the downgrade?

13. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA

No, I think that has been removed from eshop???

14. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    I think I got the free demo version at one point when nintendo sent it to everyone for free. Is it possible to re-download that? If so will that work for the hax? I'm getting very desperate at this point X,D

15. vb_encryption_vb

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    I'm not sure. You may just have to wait it out.

16. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Ok, in that case I'm not gonna risk the update yet. Thank you :)

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  17. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Nope, it's still there. I just added it to my wishlist.

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  18. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    So in that case
    So it's safe for me to update to 11.1 to install hax and get someone to DSiDowngrade my N3DS XL?

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Well you have to have Homebrew in order to set up steelhax for Steel Diver. You currently don't have any other working entrypoints. I'd wait a little while longer.

20. SpacePancakes
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Ok thanks! :D