Homebrew Looking for some answers. Im a noob

panoschuvardas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well as stated above im a noob to the modding scene and i have been wondering on some things now that i can downgrade.

1) What can i do at 9.2
2) Is it really worth it?
3) What is CFW
4) What is emunand and what is sysnand

Thanks alot!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well as stated above im a noob to the modding scene and i have been wondering on some things now that i can downgrade.

1) What can i do at 9.2
2) Is it really worth it?
3) What is CFW
4) What is emunand and what is sysnand

Thanks alot!
1. Play any 3DS game you want, eShop-only games included (CFW)
2. Is breathing worth it?
3. Custom firmware - allows unsigned apps to run and be installed. There are several, rxtools for old 3ds and 2ds, cakes and ReiNAND for new 3ds (rxtools works on n3ds also)
4. SysNAND is your real system, it has to be on 9.2 or below otherwise CFW will no longer work. EmuNAND is your emulated system, it is where you will install your games and it can be updated (to 10.3 on old 3ds and 9.5 on new 3ds). It runs off the SD card instead of your nand.

TDotFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3. Custom firmware - allows unsigned apps to run and be installed. There are several, rxtools for old 3ds and 2ds, cakes and ReiNAND for new 3ds (rxtools works on n3ds also)
4. SysNAND is your real system, it has to be on 9.2 or below otherwise CFW will no longer work. EmuNAND is your emulated system, it is where you will install your games and it can be updated (to 10.3 on old 3ds and 9.5 on new 3ds). It runs off the SD card instead of your nand.
how big of a sd card would I need?

DarknessMonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Can i participate?

1 - I already have a N3DSXL 9.9-20U with HomeMenuHax 2.5 working. I'm using a 4GB SD but i want to switch to a 16GB one (already have it). With all the downgrade fuss (not doing right now, waiting more stability), should i downgrade with my already-working HMenuHax and then switch?
2 - Should i stay with FAT32?

Thanks!

panoschuvardas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ohh my stats too i have a O3DS at 1.3 i think and have access to HomeMenuHax 2.5 also with a 4GB Sd and i do plan to upgrade to a 16 one in the recent future
I also dont know what FAT32 is.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is it possible, now with everything new and recent that has been going on with the 3DS to possibly run dumped DSi Ware games such as Four Swords?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible, now with everything new and recent that has been going on with the 3DS to possibly run dumped DSi Ware games such as Four Swords?
Yep you can install any DSi game. Not as easy as 3DS games, there's a number of extra steps. Search the flashcarts & CFW forum for info on DSi games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.