kosta44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I'm totally new to this forum and also to homebrew on the DS. I'm looking for some advice, and hoping you guys can help.
I'm I want to get a flash card but I'm not really sure what would best suit my needs.

Mainly I'm interested in playing DS, GBA, SNES, and Nes roms. But it'd be nice to get into some homebrew apps as well.

I've looked at the G6 Real and the M3 Real. I like that with the M3 you can use a Micro SD card since they've become so cheap and have relatively high storage capacity. Is there any solution to play gba games without a slot 2 card?

Any help would seriously be appreciated,

thanks

agentdax5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes emulator
lecture.gif

But back to your issue, kosta44. I only own the R4 and has supported all my needs. All but GBA roms, but as Little said, you need a slot-2 cart to play those. I don't own one, but I've heard great things about the M3 Real.
Hope this was helpful
biggrin.gif

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
your best bet is the M3DS REAL with GBA Expansion Pak, from what I heard you can only load and play one gba game at a time, and then if you start another game the previous game will be erased from the Nor flash(?) I'm sure im off but thats the jist of it

kosta44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your best bet is the M3DS REAL with GBA Expansion Pak, from what I heard you can only load and play one gba game at a time, and then if you start another game the previous game will be erased from the Nor flash(?) I'm sure im off but thats the jist of it

Yeah that would be kind of worthless if that was the case. Maybe I'll just stick to playing GBA games on my psp. I've heard that with the slot one cards that use the micro sd cards eat up the battery much faster. Any truth to that?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a snes emulator for DS? thats funny
Actually there are three:

SnesDS
SNEmulDS
SnezziDS

Can't remember which is the best but I have played Evo: Search For Eden

Oh and don't call someone a tard for no reason as it clearly says in kosta44 that the member knew GBA doesn't work on slot-1 and kosta44 don't call someone a douchebag just because they called you a name.

As for your question CycloDS Evo, M3 real & R4 are the ones you'll need but read the reviews we have here to give you an idea what one you should chose. After that check this topic to see which are the best emulators for you.

kosta44

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and don't call someone a tard for no reason as it clearly says in kosta44 that the member knew GBA doesn't work on slot-1 and kosta44 don't call someone a douchebag just because they called you a name.

As for your question CycloDS Evo, M3 real & R4 are the ones you'll need but read the reviews we have here to give you an idea what one you should chose. After that check this topic to see which are the best emulators for you.

Ha Ha Ha. Okay, I'll refrain from using the d word from now on.

Seriously though, thanks for all the advice everyone. I'll read up on the reviews and see what will work best for me. Can I take most of them at face value? Or have their been firm ware releases that have changed the opinion on a particular slot 2 card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)