Looking for (S)NES emulator with cover art support

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by The_Hulkster, Nov 15, 2016.

1. The_Hulkster
    OP

The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Hi everyone!

Maybe this has been asked before but does anyone know of a SNES and perhaps even a NES and GB/C/A emulator for Windows which supports cover art?

I'm actually looking for a Windows version of the Snes9x for the Wii butfor Windows lol.
    Something that's just as easy to setup and perhaps even have a cheat function (that's fun to me, please don't argue over this).

Anyone know if such a thing exists? I can't seem to find anything on the subject when Googling.

Basically I just want to open an application, see all the cover art, click on something and play it.
    Just like the SNES emulator on the Wii :D

Thanks for any help in advance!

2. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    The_Hulkster likes this.
  3. The_Hulkster
    OP

The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    Thank you for the great advice!
    I'm currently looking into getting emulationstation up and running.
    Any advice on which emulator to use if you want to use .cht files?

4. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    i wouldn't know anything about it, emulation station is a bit more complex to setup than the otherone, but it's a better model. as for .cht files: snes9x, FCEUX, Genesis Plus, pcsx, desmume, Mupen64, VBA-M... those are the emulators that were the foundation for the wii emulators that i've used... but i think the info in .cht files are the same info as that all other emulators use...