Translation Looking for Rom Hacker)s) to join Hayarigami DS English translation

ComicMaster148

Angry Blackman, and amaetur game collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm starting up a new project with the goal of translating Hayarigami DS from Japanese to English. I'm currently looking for someone that has pretty good knowledge of ds romhacking to help kick start the project. If you are interested in help in my project please reply to this post. The role in the project will be as a lead, graphics editor, proof reader, (and technical assistant if needed).

Series Synopsis
For those who don't know, the Hayarigami(流行り神) series is a horror visual novel series in which one plays a detective that solves supernatural crimes related to Urban Legends, as the name means "Trendy God"

Hayarigami_1_%28DS_Cover%29.jpg
Capture.PNG

Custom English logo, I made

Preliminary research on the rom and its file types
https://pastebin.com/PLh2Bic9

Last edited by ComicMaster148,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you a translator or with some serious knowledge of the franchise the game is based on (if it is one)? Most hackers and translators shy away from those wanting to be team lead without bringing anything else to the table on the hacking, translating, art or serious game/franchise knowledge front.

At the same time might want to sell us on the game.
What is it about, what makes it a good game worth looking into (or could make it a good game if someone already hacking it tweaks a few things), are there any other games in the franchise/from the dev doing similar things to look at?

InochiPM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you a translator or with some serious knowledge of the franchise the game is based on (if it is one)? Most hackers and translators shy away from those wanting to be team lead without bringing anything else to the table on the hacking, translating, art or serious game/franchise knowledge front.

At the same time might want to sell us on the game.
What is it about, what makes it a good game worth looking into (or could make it a good game if someone already hacking it tweaks a few things), are there any other games in the franchise/from the dev doing similar things to look at?
The series is actually really cool, its about Japanese folklore and Urban Legends. you play as a detective from Tokyo who's investigating a string of random occurrences and deaths caused by these "Urban Legends" Its a Text Adventure game that has no voice but stunning visuals that really up the creepiness factor making the story that much more great. Though the name 流行り神 is actually a proper noun, like a name so it technically has no translation the translation would just be "Hayarigami" Since "Trendy God" is what the kanji mean if you read them separately. If you look into the files of the game most of the time its listed as FOAF (Friend of a Friend) because tha'ts how urban legends are spread by word of mouth so in reality the games title is F.O.A.F. But that's just my opinion :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here