Looking for Micro USB Hub cable that supports charging my tablet

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by WiiUBricker, Jun 23, 2015.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Since my tablet has only one micro USB port I want to use a hub cable to duplicate the micro USB port. I want to use one port for charging my tablet and the other for a peripheral device. I have googled some and found cables that though duplicates the micro USB port, but don't support charging my tablet. For example here and here. Can someone point me to a micro USB hub cable that supports charging my tablet?

2. qwerblim

qwerblim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2015
    I'm not sure about cable hubs, but you should take a look at USB port hubs. I use a popular one from Anker (amazon) and it charges my phones and tablets all at once at maximum amperage, so they all charge quickly with their SmartIQ function. I'd definitely recommend it, and there's tons of reviews about it.

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Well I have been educated about how the USB works in my tablet. My tablet can be either in USB host mode or in charging mode, but not both at the same time. Therefore it's not possible to have a USB device attached to my tablet while charging my tablet :(

4. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I purchased this cable for my nVidia Shield tablet and it works great. It charges and lets me use another USB device at the same time.

WiiUBricker likes this.
  5. qwerblim

qwerblim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2015
    Not even something like THIS ? Which tablet do you have, if you don't mind my asking?

6. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Wait, are you sure? This is in contradiction to what I said in my post above yours. If your words are true, you make me look like an idiot.

7. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    It works with my nVidia Shield so I'm not sure if it works with other tablets.

8. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I have an Nvidia Shield Tablet myself. That's very confusing. It seems that some devices will be charged and some not. What USB device do you use while charging?

9. cots

cots GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I mainly use a wired Ethernet adapter, but I've tried a mouse also. Both work fine.

10. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Thanks bro, will check this cable out. :mthr:

11. WiiUBricker
    OP

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I got this cable now and it indeed works!

12. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Chargers are usually detected by fumbling with the data pins in a way that data cannot be transferred anymore. When using a cable like that, the tablet will probably not detect a charger and think it is charging from a computer or powered accessory. This works, but will usually be slower than charging from a dedicated charger. You may be able to override this with a software setting though.