Looking for loud and cheap PC speakers

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Vipera, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I have a powerful subwoofer and I want to add two loud speakers because I can't stand the built-in audio of my hd ready TV and I can't always use my headphones.

Best I can do is 100$, no subwoofer and no mono-speaker.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
  3. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
  4. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    king_leo likes this.
  5. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I'll second the Creative Gigaworks T20's. I had them rigged up to my LED TV for a couple of years before I recently acquired a 2.1 soundbar. Decent volume and a surprising amount of bass for something without a dedicated subwoofer.

6. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    that's like asking for a cheap PC that can run crysis 7 (theoriticilly, the game doesn't exist) on full HD 3D and maximum graphical effects available on the game
    meaning:
    it all depends what are you willing to sacrafice for that? popular item will have much more instruction videos on the internet for quick fixes for it, especially disassembly...
    I don't need to talk about quality of the speaker, that's purely represents itself in sound and lifetime, and I don't need to talk about proper support.

here's an example, on the old day Acekard series of flashcards were made of cheap hardware, it was cheap and it had a VERY amazing 3d party support - AKA Normmatt, and that sold the product
    compared to that there's M3DS which was similar in price and hardware but was outdated on 3d party support, people who were running that flashcard depended on patches and ROM hacking community rather than their not active OS developer
    and there's CycloDS, on those times (before DSi) it was a very expensive flashcard that was more feautre rich than Akaio in any way, with hardware capable of RTS, RTT, RTC - but still lacked the active OS developer

in the end, Acekard won big time - and all they did is publish an open source flashcard named Acekard R.P.G, and just so you know, norm wasn't the one to pick it up

if the entire internet recommands THAT product, it will likely get 3rd party support if possible, if none of the internet is sure about the right product, maybe they chose the right product FOR THEM, maybe you should go and hear those speakers on action to know they are for you, you don't have to buy products to hear how good they are - that's the pros of convience store, the cons is the price, and you obviously beat that by saying "no, I don't want to buy it", search that product on the internet and buy it cheap somewhere else (just be careful of china)

7. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
  8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/looking-for-loud-and-cheap-pc-speakers.363130/

I doubt he's asking for actual loud speakers.

9. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    Seeing as he wants them for his HD (ready) TV, I would assume he would. That and he already has a "powerful subwoofer".