Hacking Looking for IOS248v17

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Where can I get IOS248v17 from? I already have d2x3 on 249b56 and 250b57

I'm trying to get something to work, and from what I've read it needs v17, but I don't want to mess around again with my 249 and 250

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Found how you're suppose to download it, but it says download failed. I'm not sure if I'm getting the details right...

no patches

Is that what I'm should be asking for?

Cheers!

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Open Modmii 4.5.2 and then

-press A -> Enter
-type 24917 -> Enter
-type 248 -> Enter
-type MAX - Enter
-press Y - Enter

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flo: Why are you telling him to make it max IOS revision? That makes it harder to install new IOS's in the slot.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
M1r0 said:
Flo: Why are you telling him to make it max IOS revision? That makes it harder to install new IOS's in the slot.
No it doesn't, you can install another version if you want it will just overwrite. You can also use apps like MMM (MultiModManager) to remove cIOS's if you so wish and then install another one. Its no biggy. It will make it harder (should you update) to replace the cIOS with a stub. Its safe to do dude, don't worry

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I just don't like maxed out IOS's. Some noobs who install them might not understand to update, also with one of those maxxed out cIOSCorp installs, it make it hard to install updates (if nintendo actually releases something useful)

Also, if you installed IOS249 as the same revision as the stub (after deleting it of course), would discs stop asking for updates?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
At the moment, IOS slots 200> aren't used by Nintendo from a "functional" perspective. Once they got wind of the use of slots 249 etc then they started installing stubs (which can still be removed). If you install Priiloader and block disc and online updates you won't have a problem. You can easily update any individual IOS's with certain app's.

Up to you of course, it's your wii and your choice. Choosing a lower version won't affect performance

EDIT: cIOSCORPS cIOS' patch nearly ALL official IOS's which is where problems can occur from updates. At the moment officially updating with only a cIOS installed at slots 200> and "stock" IOS's below that will eliminate cIOS loading capability and you will have to re-install

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiimanofthenorth said:
@flo Thanks! Sadly what I wanted to do, doesn't seem to work. But I know I've got 248v17 now!
Most of the programs that require r17 or lower that I have run in to require it to be installed on 249. That is why I have my IOS 249 on r17, and 246,247,248, and 250 as the latest cIOSs with different bases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1