Looking for instructions on how to install Priiloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mujde, Aug 3, 2010.

1. mujde
    OP

Newcomer mujde Newbie

United States
    I found the files for Priiloader v04 but I am having trouble finding easy to understand instructions on how to install the program. According to the readme it states:

"In order to compile & use this installer with your application you must first place a "certs.bin"
    in the data directory
    along with "preloader.app". The "preloader.app" file is your
    compiled binary of the preloader source that has been bound with nand booting code.
    You can obtain this from any systems menu or channel. This code must be placed at the end of your
    compiled binary and potentially padded.
    you will also need to add the correct loading address in the dol header, in text section 1.
    this can be done manually or with dolboot.exe or (the much improved) opendolboot (found in priiloader source folder
    )"

What does all this mean? Where is the cers.bin file? its not in the program I downloaded. I dont understand this either "This code must be placed at the end of your compiled binary and potentially padded." Also I have read other posts where they talk about a hack.ini file. Where is this .ini file or do I just create a .txt file and change the extention to .ini?

2. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
  3. WiiJohn

Newcomer WiiJohn Member

United Kingdom
  4. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    The instruction you are looking at right now is for advanced user. It is for those who want to build Priiloader from scratch.

Regular user will want pre-build Priiloader instaed.

Follow plasma dragon007 instruction's and just download .dol and run it from HBC.

5. mujde
    OP

Newcomer mujde Newbie

United States
    Thanks everyone!! How do I make the hacks.ini? I have USA 3.2 so do I copy everything off the 3.2 list and save to a .txt file and just changed the file extention from .txt to hacks.ini?

6. Liberty

Member Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Yes. Just copy USA 3.2-content into a hacks.txt, change *.txt zu *.ini and put it into the root of your SD-card.